What's new

Just Picked Up My New Shaving Stand

Rick, you done good. :biggrin:
But by posting you may find that all you will be making for the next several months are brush and razor stands.
Sara Bonnyman (a potter) made a scuttle for Dr. Chris Moss which he showed around. Last I heard over 1000 had been shipped.

It looks great! $60 seems a bit overpriced, considering it took him at most $5 and an hour to make it though.

OUCH! Don't you think that's a bit harsh? Especially coming from someone who has the Teddy Roosevelt speech talking about how it's not the critic who counts?

SP Log Dog said:

It looks great! $60 seems a bit overpriced, considering it took him at most $5 and an hour to make it though.

Just curious as to why you think it only took an hour. Even then, why isn't it worth $60.00?

If you don't think a stand that can be used for a few generations is worth $60.00, I'd hate to hear your opinion of our bretheren who routinely spend twice that amount for colognes that will go rancid after a year! :lol:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. I'm just curious.

Ahh, you must be a mechanic. the kind that charge $40+ an hour, two hours min. to replace a sensor that costs 10 bucks. Blacksmith brings a few words to my mind...
Like custom, well built, hand made, old school and don't forget... " Holy molten metal Batman! That thing looks too nifty !"

full

Great idea - unique piece
supporting a local craft person
and a result that is
beautiful and
ideal for the job.

There's - n o t h i n g - wrong with that.

Great ideas - my guess is you will see others doing "likewise"
now that you have rang the bell.

Just great.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great!

There are a couple of heats in there and that takes time. Also all the "tweaking" to get it to sit flat and fit. I might fire up the forge and try one tonight! Good job!

Top Bottom