What's new

Just ordered my first vintage Gillette!

So a few months back me and my buddy are watching the Super Bowl, after the game we are browsing the web and come across DE shaving. We dove in head first and ordered a full Edwin Jagger setup for both of us. 2 months of quality shaves later he drops a bomb on me and shows me the 1959 E4 fatboy he just got! Not to be outdone last night I won an auction on the bay for my very own 1964 J4 adjustable slim! Can't wait for it to come.

I started off with a vintage Gillette and now have 4 of them. I have yet to order a new DE Razor. I find I like finding them at antique stores.

I started off with a vintage Gillette and now have 4 of them. I have yet to order a new DE Razor. I find I like finding them at antique stores.

I couldn't be happier with my new DE89, but the adjustable thing has me intrigued. I wondered why people had multiple razors when I joined, it's been a week and the slims going to make 3.

I couldn't be happier with my new DE89, but the adjustable thing has me intrigued. I wondered why people had multiple razors when I joined, it's been a week and the slims going to make 3.

I want to get a Merkur 34c as my new razor. But at the time that I got into wet shaving I couldn't afford one and found a 1960 Superspeed on ebay for 12 dollars and bought it. and I started looking for the vintage Gillettes at antique shops. Something about using a razor with a lot of history behind it.

The slim is a great razor. I'm sure you will like it. Having a friend like that sounds a bit dangerous though. Pretty soon you guys will both have 20+ razors lol.

Man, i've been buying so many vintage razors and shaving stuff. My girlfriend asked me "Do you really need any more shaving stuff" Just remember they have a tendency to multiply. It's like pokemon for me....I gotta catch 'em all.

I still keep my first vintage Gillette on display in the den. A 1967 Slim, replated. I bought it afte SWMBO dropped my Wilkinsword classic and a web serch tured up what is the world of classic DE Shaving. Enjoy and welcome.

I'm the enabling friend.

About to shave with the fatboy for the first time!!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398905508.250491.jpg

I'm a 34C guy, but my Slim at 7 gives me just as close a shave with less irritation. I suppose the Slim should be my daily.

Top Bottom