What's new

JUST HAD FIRST D,E SHAVE..please help:_(

Hey So I just had my first shave.Now A few question.

Iam using Prorasso soap (dont hav cream) how much soap and water do i add to make it a good creammy lather? I made crap but Got antsy to shave and shaved :-(((((

Also my face is itching really bad.Is this normal for first timers?

Second how many passes? I did two down sincethats what I remember from some videos that you guys posted.I did two passes down and it got the hair and gave me a smooth shave with the grain.I DIDNT EVEN DARE GO AGAINT GRAVE.

And last.Can someone lease help me learn how to hold use and use this new death device!.I remember from the vid to put the top of the D.E head on you face then tilt it till the razor touches.Well Idk but i think I need more practice on that but what do you all recomend?

I want to shave perfect next time and not go thru this pain so any help would be awsome.

Thanks

Please check out mantics videos on youtube.com. It will all be crystal clear after that.

and Welcome to B&B

M

modern man

Chuck the soap get the cream, much easyer for a beginner.

That may be what is causing the itch maybe you are having a reaction you may want to try something else.

How do you hold it 30-45 degree angle see when the blade hits your skin just enough to cut and not pull.

Start with one pass WTG for a while then do 2 pass WTG after you perfect your angle and WTG pass then try the XTG RXTG (reverse cross the grain, i think i may have just coined that :lol:) and ATG passes.

Like Amyn said watch the videos and check out Kyle's sticky posts.

Check the post at the link below my signature. That gives text descriptions of the same material covered in Mantic's videos, and the two are quite complementary.

I don't think you should necessarily abandon the soap. But it's a good point: you might be somewhat allergic to something in the Proraso. Try, for example, one of QED's shaving sticks. (Scroll down at the link.) You might want to try the unscented, which is least likely to cause an allergic reaction, but I particularly like the Mocha-Java.

You will want to experiment with different blades to find the one that works best for you. Some blades just don't work for some guys. Try LetterK's sampler packet of blades.

Hope this helps.

your face might be getting too dry, that can make it itch, either that or your skin isn't used to shaving yet. that's another possibility.

Hey Reshavced yesterday.Got a really good lather build up set ym face up and shaved.It was really good.Then i went one with the grain and one against to try it out.I was surprised at how good I did since iam still learning.Now I missed some spots so its rough around the edges but that takes time.Just question same issue as when I had the cartridge.When my hairs grow back they hurt really bad.Like you can put preassure against them. They like hurt bad!..but only when preassure when preesed upon them.

And also how do I tell if a blade performs different on my skin if I have nev er done anything else? I dont know what to compare it to

thanks

Leisure Guy is right, but I would recommend that you first establish what your alergies are before going further. Once you knwo what your alergies are you can eliminate things that are going to irritate you.:a16:

Hey Iam still a bit uneasy on how to tell if the blade works.Like will its feel smoother when shaving?

And the issue with my face is

After shaving its fine but when the hairs are starting to grow back they feel fine exept when preassure is applied on them.Then they hurt.Could it be because of bad aftershave or irritation? this also happend with my cartridge.Iam using Nevia for men aftershave Balm

Thanks

This is the first time on this forum I have ever been short and to the point but the answer is yes. Aftershaves are frequently behind this.

You would be doing yourself a favor by choosing products that are neutral, rather than scented, or that contain things like eucalyptus... like Prorasso. Mama Bear's Unscented 100% Natural would be a good choice.

I use aloe vera gel as an after-shave balm. It's all natural, soothing, cooling, moisturizing, unscented, good for burns/cuts/scrapes/insect bites... you name it. It's even ingestable. And, it's very inexpensive.

Eventually, you'll find what works for you. For now, you have to do the best that you can. Good luck!

chop-chop

You will also want to be super careful about razor pressure. Kyle makes a good suggestion about ways to hold the DE razor so the razor applies the pressure rather than YOU: Hold the very bottom tip of the razor with just 2 or 3 fingers. It feels awkward at first, but it really does safeguard against pushing down too hard. I went from great shaves to mediocre ones, and when I started using this grip again my shaves improved (I think I got too comfortable and started pushing down without noticing it).

just an idea. And what others said about allergies may be true as well. i, for one, am beginning to think I have a lavendar allergy.

ChopChop
Is aloe vera gel sold in grocery stores or do I have to go to a health store.
And just any aloe vera multi purpose gel?

Top Bottom