What's new

Joris/Fatip lovers reviews and pics thread!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Joris
Blade: Shark SS (1)
Brush: Omega S10019
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra
037_50.jpg

Hi to all Fatip / Joris Lovers!

Felt in love with Fatip, so have the Piccolo and Grande as daily drivers. Recently ordered Plisson Joris Solid Brass Modern Handle razor. Can't wait to receive it ....

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Hi to all Fatip / Joris Lovers!

Felt in love with Fatip, so have the Piccolo and Grande as daily drivers. Recently ordered Plisson Joris Solid Brass Modern Handle razor. Can't wait to receive it ....
Welcome to JFL Gorman! Please feel free to add JFL to your signature line. We'd also like to see pictures of that bad boy Plisson Joris when it arrives! Shave reports are welcome as well. Cheers

Last edited:
Welcome to JFL Gorman! Please feel free to add JFL to your signature line. We'd also like to see pictures of that bad boy Plisson Joris when it arrives! Shave reports are welcome as well. Cheers
Thank you for your warm welcome, Raven
Sure, as soon as Plisson Joris arrives, I will gladly post pictures. Shave reports will be posted too! Best Regsrds

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
@Raven Koenes @Esox @Chan Eil Whiskers - Calling all Plisson Joris experts, especially the Palladium "Odyssey".

Received this lovely Plisson Joris Palladium "Odyssey" razor in the mail today:

Screenshot_20191206_175610.jpg
Screenshot_20191206_175635.jpg
Screenshot_20191206_175649.jpg
Screenshot_20191206_175706.jpg
Screenshot_20191206_175725.jpg
Screenshot_20191206_175756.jpg

*Pics from the seller.*

Hard to see but the top cap is the same as my Grande MK1 and noticeably narrower than my FaTip Grande MK2 and Piccolo SE top caps. Certainly does not look like it clamps the blade anywhere near the MK2.

Of course I will shave with it. :letterk1: :straight:

If it's too radical, I have a Grande MK2 in silver so I've got that going for me. ;)

So.....What can anyone tell me about this beautiful razor? :)

As an aside, the top caps on what I believe to be my Grande MK1 and now the Plisson Joris Palladium "Odyssey" sure look to be more than 1mm narrower than the MK2. Makes me wonder if my MK1, and now the Plisson Joris Palladium "Odyssey" are really 'defective' FaTips instead of MK1s?

I'll sure know when my new 'defective' MK1 arrives. :)

Anyway, any and all information is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I have another Plisson Joris on the way. ;)

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Cool.

I'm not even remotely well informed about these razors.

PlissonTeeth.480.Cropped.JPG

Mine's a couple of years old and has only nine teeth. I'm not sure if this means yours is older but it might.

My Mk1 Grande is my favorite Fatip for its shaving qualities, but they're all good (I don't have the defective versions so I can't comment on them).

Yours looks to be in great condition.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Cool.

I'm not even remotely well informed about these razors.

View attachment 1041386

Mine's a couple of years old and has only nine teeth. I'm not sure if this means yours is older but it might.

My Mk1 Grande is my favorite Fatip for its shaving qualities, but they're all good (I don't have the defective versions so I can't comment on them).

Yours looks to be in great condition.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thank you, Jim.

Always fascinating trying to figure where the razor fits into the timeline and history of that razor line.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I dont know much about them either but because of the price I think there is a lot of older stock around. I think that any bought from the Plisson/Joris site will all be updated to Mk.2's but not sure.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Thank you, Jim.

Always fascinating trying to figure where the razor fits into the timeline and history of that razor line.
Finding where the razor that fits in the timeline or trying to figure out standard razor dimensions with Fatip can be fun lol! That is one beautiful Joris. An mk1 18mm cap Joris is definetly collectable and a rarity now days. You should be happy for that even though I perfer the Mk2 19mm cap. That you have another Joris on the way definitely does us BOSC brethren proud...that's totally BOSC'ers! I'd be interested to see if it is the 11 prong Mk2 or a 9 prong Mk2 like Jim's.

The basic timeline of Fatip is in the 1980's they produced a 12 prong razor that looked like a Grande with a shorter handle. The cap was 19mm but 1mm thinner than the Mk2. In the 90's they started making what we refer to as the Mk1 with the 18mm cap. The quality started to go down hill until the DE wet shaving boom. Due to the almost cult like popularity, and that people would take a chance to get a good one, around 2014 they introduced the Retro originaly made as an Mk1. Before that they only made the Piccolo and the Grande. 2015 and 2016 they upgraded all their razors to the Mk2 and released the Gentile solid bar and the woods both in OC and Solid Bar. The quality improved along with their retool. The woods are the Olivo, Noce, Zebrano and Wenghe. Last year they released the Nobile Black Tie and the Nobile Horn along with the Piccolo Special Edition. Now we ever so patiently wait for the Slant. Who knows if it will be in Solid Bar or OC or both? I'd also be intrested in what handle options as well...which means, if there are many, I must have them all!

P.S. welcome to JFL David!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for the welcome, @Raven Koenes :)

And thank you, too, for your willingness to share your extensive knowledge of FaTip razors (and all of the lines using FaTip heads, etc.).

Here are some seller pics of the Plisson Joris Thujawood and Palladium in route to me:
Screenshot_20191207_111646.jpg
Screenshot_20191207_111701.jpg
Screenshot_20191207_111714.jpg
Screenshot_20191207_111729.jpg
Screenshot_20191207_111746.jpg
Screenshot_20191207_111801.jpg

Really looking forward to receiving this one. :)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Just now announced release of the New Piccolo Gentile and Fatip OC with new finishes!:

Good morning fatipers! We know, we're eating you. However, while the work on the "beautiful imperfection" continues, for this Christmas we couldn't leave you empty - So with great pride we present you:
The new fatip "the little one": the most compact razor in the collection expands its range by adding 4 new items in the two chrome and gold finishes that will be available both in the original version and the one with the The weight (70 g) is evenly distributed for a more balanced shave.
The original open comb head ensures that the razor works well with different lengths of beard growth with a very accurate and deep shaving.
The gentle head with closed comb protects the skin from the exposure of the blade and softens its passage, while ensuring excellent results in terms of depth of shaving.
78422934_2500660803505727_6934114881373208576_o.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Thank you for the welcome, @Raven Koenes :)

And thank you, too, for your willingness to share your extensive knowledge of FaTip razors (and all of the lines using FaTip heads, etc.).

Here are some seller pics of the Plisson Joris Thujawood and Palladium in route to me:
View attachment 1041581View attachment 1041582View attachment 1041583View attachment 1041584View attachment 1041585View attachment 1041586

Really looking forward to receiving this one. :)

Even a starburst pattern in the reflected light without a starburst filter. No complains on that plating job!

Just now announced release of the New Piccolo Gentile and Fatip OC with new finishes!:

Good morning fatipers! We know, we're eating you. However, while the work on the "beautiful imperfection" continues, for this Christmas we couldn't leave you empty - So with great pride we present you:
The new fatip "the little one": the most compact razor in the collection expands its range by adding 4 new items in the two chrome and gold finishes that will be available both in the original version and the one with the The weight (70 g) is evenly distributed for a more balanced shave.
The original open comb head ensures that the razor works well with different lengths of beard growth with a very accurate and deep shaving.
The gentle head with closed comb protects the skin from the exposure of the blade and softens its passage, while ensuring excellent results in terms of depth of shaving.
View attachment 1041592

A gold Piccolo Gentile. Damn nice...

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

View attachment 1041592

***DROOL***

I see more FaTip razors in my future. :cool:

Top Bottom