What's new

Joris/Fatip lovers reviews and pics thread!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That you know of, Mike, that you know of.

79f054bb4726c52393ea1ba7a625e054.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Nobile Horn
Blade: Gillette Platinum (6)
Brush: Omega S10019
Soap: B&M Cheshire
Aftershave: B&M Cheshire
027_50.jpg

I love my Fatip Nobiles. The handle length is a little longer, 90mm, than is really needed, but the 60g weight of the razor seems to lend a perfect balance. Whereas with the shorter Fatips the heavier 65g to 70g seems to lend balance to them.

I bought the Fatip Special Edition set a few months ago. This set has the version 2 base plates. Didn't really like the Gentile base plate. I do like the Picollo base plate though.
Had a wee play with the Fatip lately. It now sports a Muhle R89 cap (because the wee 'pins' on the cap seem slightly better made, and this has helped with blade alignment). It also allows me to use other 'normal' thread handles.
So I bunged on a Razorock Halo handle.
This is what has made the Picollo a great razor. That extra length and weight suits me.
Here it is along with my NEW SC, and my Timeless OC all lined up in toothy goodness (just because at the moment it's the only photos I have showing the Picollo with the Halo handle...so you get to see all my OC's).
Yes, I like my OC razors. My favourite?
Love the NEW, it's a sweet wee thing.
Love the Picollo, shaves well, nice and smooth. Plus such great value if you buy the Special Edition set.
Really love the Timeless (but we won't talk about that as it's not a Fatip).
Would like a Schone too (one day when Missus isn't watching).
Anyway, for me, the Picollo with the extra weight and length of the handle has made a good razor into a great razor.

https://i.imgur.com/K2lkrGw.jpg[/img]']
I am glad I saw this post!! I have the Picolo Special Ed and the Retro + MK1....currently away and only the Retro available (don't like this handle much)....so I just put a RR 89 top on the retro and a RR ss handle...can't wait for the test drive...

I am glad I saw this post!! I have the Picolo Special Ed and the Retro + MK1....currently away and only the Retro available (don't like this handle much)....so I just put a RR 89 top on the retro and a RR ss handle...can't wait for the test drive...
Well done. Please do report back. Love to hear how the cap/handle change works for you.

Best use of a R89 clone. Shave was smooth and efficient; handle felt very good. I have to say this mix makes a great shaver; thanks for the information provided.

Attachments

• IMG_20191223_090239.jpg
    IMG_20191223_090239.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20191228

20191228_154007~2.jpg

Prep: Rinse Face
Pre-shave: n/a
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip, Marbled Butterscotch handle
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia Beta 4.3 – Special Edition
Bowl: Timeless Blue
Razor: Plisson Joris OC - Thujawood and Palladium
Blade: Bolzano (2)
Post-shave: Crystal Alum Stick, Dickinson's Hydrating Toner
Aftershave Balm: Thayer's w/Aloe
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia Special Edition

WTG, ATG then XTG twice using different angles. Minor touch-up and buffing.

DFS++ with two very small weepers that were gone with the cold water rinse, no nicks or cuts, very minor irritation on my neck.

9++/10

The SV Opuntia soap, Plisson Joris OC razor and Bolzano blade combine for a smooth and elegant shave. The shave felt great and the results feel great!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
David @never-stop-learning, how old is that Plisson Joris razor? I ask because of the teeth.

Plisson.Razor.Teeth.640.Cropped.JPG

Mine was acquired two years ago as a Christmas present. I wanted the eleven toothed version (and think yours has eleven) and thought that was what we were buying (it was a surprise but I'd given my wife a list of razors to choose from were she to decide to buy me a gift). My nine toothed version is fine as a shaver, but I wonder about the timeline of the teeth.

Have they gone back to the eleven toothed model?

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David @never-stop-learning, how old is that Plisson Joris razor? I ask because of the teeth.

View attachment 1047873

Mine was acquired two years ago as a Christmas present. I wanted the eleven toothed version (and think yours has eleven) and thought that was what we were buying (it was a surprise but I'd given my wife a list of razors to choose from were she to decide to buy me a gift). My nine toothed version is fine as a shaver, but I wonder about the timeline of the teeth.

Have they gone back to the eleven toothed model?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I purchased it used and am not sure how old it is.

The cap width is in the MK2 range.

20191226_144207~2.jpg

The other Joris I recently got appears to be a MK1:

20191226_144051~2.jpg

No clue, though, regarding the actual age of either.

I'll contact the sellers and see if they know.

David

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
A little MK1 action this morning. :)

Pre-shave: N/A
Brush: Graydog Backyard Maple Chubby, 26mm "Full Moon" Synthetic
Soap: Tabac
Bowl: N/A - Face Lathered
Razor: FaTip Grande MK1 (Gold)
Blade: Bolzano (1)
Post-shave: Dickinson's Hydrating Toner
Aftershave Balm: Duke Cannon w/Menthol
Aftershave: Brut Classic

One WTG pass. Minor XTG touch-up along the jawline.

DFS with one minor weeper, no nicks, cuts or irritation.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
A little MK1 action this morning. :)

Pre-shave: N/A
Brush: Graydog Backyard Maple Chubby, 26mm "Full Moon" Synthetic
Soap: Tabac
Bowl: N/A - Face Lathered
Razor: FaTip Grande MK1 (Gold)
Blade: Bolzano (1)
Post-shave: Dickinson's Hydrating Toner
Aftershave Balm: Duke Cannon w/Menthol
Aftershave: Brut Classic

One WTG pass. Minor XTG touch-up along the jawline.

DFS with one minor weeper, no nicks, cuts or irritation.
I'm jealous that you have an Mk1 Gold. My wife won't allow a gold razor in the house. It is a Fatip I'll never own. :crying: Out of curiosity, did you use the Gillette Slide? Well done and Happy shaves! :w00t:

Top Bottom