What's new

Joris/Fatip lovers reviews and pics thread!

This Joris&Fatip lovers thread is for chatting or reviewing all things Joris or Fatip related. You must include pics or Spotz View attachment 256234( the razor loving dog will get mad) Tell us B&B members why these razors are already modern living legends.

Last edited:
Here is my baby......Just holding it makes me feel good.
proxy.php

I have a joris spiral palladium on the way. I never looked forward to getting a razor more than this one. I will post pics when I get it. Thanks Alex for starting this thread.

Oh yea, one of my favorites is my Joris....

It's just a plain jane but I still like it a LOT....

proxy.php

proxy.php

Bought three, kept one. My 1st was the lined Palladium. I just sold the second (see pic) because I decided that the Spiral Palladium was really the one I wanted. I have attached pics of two of them. The R41 and Joris give me the best shaves. Even though the FaTip head is essentially the same as the Joris, the Joris just works better for me. I'm thinking about adding a Palladium/wood combo Joris, but they are a bit light for my taste.

View attachment 256283View attachment 256284View attachment 256285View attachment 256286

Bought three, kept one. My 1st was the lined Palladium. I just sold the second (see pic) because I decided that the Spiral Palladium was really the one I wanted. I have attached pics of two of them. The R41 and Joris give me the best shaves. Even though the FaTip head is essentially the same as the Joris, the Joris just works better for me. I'm thinking about adding a Palladium/wood combo Joris, but they are a bit light for my taste.

View attachment 256283View attachment 256284View attachment 256285View attachment 256286
The pics are great Bob. Please post the pics of the pallidium when u get it. That's the one I hav too

View attachment 256283

That spiral looks gorgeous. :drool:

Several things come to mind....and by the way, I appreciate having a "Joris Forum".

First of all, I believe we need to retire the name "Joris" for new razors. The last two I bought do not have the name Joris displayed anywhere; they are, technically, Plissons.

Secondly, I see people refer to Palladium as if it is a model name; to my knowledge that is not the case. Palladium is the metal finish on the the razors, just as there are chrome and nickel finishes on most other razors. The two razors in the pics I took are both "Palladium" razors.

Thirdly, as much as I love my Plisson (gotta get used to that name), it frustrates the hell out of me because, like many Merkurs, I have to play around with it when loading a new blade because blade alignment is almost always an issue. In any other situation, I wouldn't put up with such an annoyance, especially at these prices, but the Plissons are such gorgeous instruments that I am willing to put up with it because the resulting shaves are so terrific.

And lastly, I had two FaTips (just sold the nickel-plated Grande) and I don't understand why they don't shave as well as my Plissons, unless its simply a handle issue. I still get a better shave with the Plisson. And I didn't see a need to take FaTip pics, because there are two finishes and neither finish is very good, to put it bluntly.

And lastly, I had two FaTips (just sold the nickel-plated Grande) and I don't understand why they don't shave as well as my Plissons, unless its simply a handle issue. I still get a better shave with the Plisson. And I didn't see a need to take FaTip pics, because there are two finishes and neither finish is very good, to put it bluntly.

Thanks vocalistbob for the feedback, I have long admired the Joris (Plisson) and have a Fatip Grande on which I have put a heavier Ikon Bulldog Handle and I think that the quality of the shave was improved over the original lighter handle.

Interesting that the Joris has the same alignment issues that people report about the Fatip. Mine is pretty good in that respect and I find that any alignment problems are minor compared to the reports from some folks.

Top Bottom