What's new

Joris/Fatip lovers reviews and pics thread!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
this is near rare, you are so lucky....
I know. It came up for sale from Italy, but it sold before I could purchase it. The very next day it was back up for sale. It seems whoever bought it the sale fell through. I was prepared and bought it immediately. The seller had relisted it 30 minutes prior to that.

I know. It came up for sale from Italy, but it sold before I could purchase it. The very next day it was back up for sale. It seems whoever bought it the sale fell through. I was prepared and bought it immediately. The seller had relisted it 30 minutes prior to that.
Did you know it was 1980s model!?

My new addition. Haven't tried it yet.

IMG_20180306_145834.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
My Fatip Collection as of now.

Starting at the top from left to right:
1. Fatip Classic 1980's, Fatip Zebrano Gentile, Fatip Zebrano, Fatip Wenghe Gentile, Fatip Wenghe, Fatip Ulivo Gentile, Fatip Ulivo.

2. Fatip Pure Badger Brush, Fatip Retro (Nickel), Fatip Retro (Chrome), Fatip Retro Mk1 (Chrome), Fatip Testina Gentile (Chrome), Fatip Grande (Chrome). Zenith Olive Wood Manchurian Brush.

3. Fatip Grande Mk1 (Nickel), Fatip Piccolo Mk1, Fatip Piccolo, Fatip Piccolo, Fatip Grande (Nickel), Schone OC (Nickel).

4. Joris Palladium Engraved for a total of 19.
rsz_031.jpg

Has anyone ever tried an old narrower cap on a Gentile? I love mine, I like the feel of the closed comb more, but like the efficiency of the Grande more and curious if finding and an cap would make a difference.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
upload_2018-6-7_7-7-56.png

My Fatip Collection as of now.

Starting at the top from left to right:
1. Fatip Classic 1980's, Fatip Zebrano Gentile, Fatip Zebrano, Fatip Wenghe Gentile, Fatip Wenghe, Fatip Ulivo Gentile, Fatip Ulivo.

2. Fatip Pure Badger Brush, Fatip Retro (Nickel), Fatip Retro (Chrome), Fatip Retro Mk1 (Chrome), Fatip Testina Gentile (Chrome), Fatip Grande (Chrome). Zenith Olive Wood Manchurian Brush.

3. Fatip Grande Mk1 (Nickel), Fatip Piccolo Mk1, Fatip Piccolo, Fatip Piccolo, Fatip Grande (Nickel), Schone OC (Nickel).

4. Joris Palladium Engraved for a total of 19.
View attachment 872076

Isn't there a rule that you have to have at least as many razors as years of age? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

upload_2018-6-7_7-5-38.png

It looks like you've gotten a great start on your collection, and the Slant has not even hit the market. Think of all the possibilities it may present, Mr. Ambassador.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Has anyone ever tried an old narrower cap on a Gentile? I love mine, I like the feel of the closed comb more, but like the efficiency of the Grande more and curious if finding and an cap would make a difference.
I haven't. TobyC used to recommend putting an OLD Type cap on the older Mk1 Fatips to tame them. My stock 1980's Fatip Classic has a cap that is 19mm in width like the Mk2 Fatips but thinner. I normally only shave with Fatips stock, but in the case of my classic I made an exception and tried it with the new Mk2 cap for one shave. I immediately went back to the stock cap on my classic because it was smoother. The difference between the 1980's Fatip cap compared to the new Mk2 Fatip cap is pretty negligible though. The OLD Type caps will fit nicely on the Fatip base plate. You should try it on your Gentile, for science, and report back what you find. :001_smile

Raven Koenes

My precious!
View attachment 889033

Isn't there a rule that you have to have at least as many razors as years of age? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

View attachment 889032

It looks like you've gotten a great start on your collection, and the Slant has not even hit the market. Think of all the possibilities it may present, Mr. Ambassador.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I am getting older I guess. I would never want to be 19 again lol. I have two Fatip Noce Woods to get yet (The OC and CC). Then I must have the Slants when they are released. I must have them in both chrome and nickel (everyone knows that nickel plated Fatips are better shavers :001_tongu) if that is an option. If they release them in all the wood handles as well I must have them all!
BOSC.2.LetsNotAvoidGettingCarriedAway.jpg I must Enablers R Us Buy Them All.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I am getting older I guess. I would never want to be 19 again lol. I have two Fatip Noce Woods to get yet (The OC and CC). Then I must have the Slants when they are released. I must have them in both chrome and nickel (everyone knows that nickel plated Fatips are better shavers :001_tongu) if that is an option. If they release them in all the wood handles as well I must have them all!
View attachment 889046 I must View attachment 889047

Nickel for sure for me. If there are options I always want nickel.

Well, I'd take silver or gold, but in the real world it's...

upload_2018-6-7_13-29-42.jpeg

Right, Rave?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom