What's new

Join me in a "Birthday Shave" PIF (Now PIFier)

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I am still interested in the cookies :)mmmmmm oat meal cookies :)
congrats to the winners.
And the Slim is back in the cabinet until next year.. Lord willing.

Mail call... that was fast!
6375DC35-F694-4604-8F17-31880383D44E.jpeg

Sweet blades! And the Roasted Oatmeal Stout smells incredible! And edible! (maybe not edible... but it really smells good)
955D686F-3959-4EE6-881B-6D1D0C8AFD8C.jpeg

Setting up for an @imatabor tribute shave tomorrow. With a Slim/Voskhod/Oatmeal learning week scheduled as soon as the current Feather is exhausted. I know I like Voskhods, but I’ve only used one sampler tuck.
698CFE25-F11C-4329-A834-EEB469D0F9EC.jpeg

Thanks so much.

Mail call... that was fast!
View attachment 1045726

Sweet blades! And the Roasted Oatmeal Stout smells incredible! And edible! (maybe not edible... but it really smells good)
View attachment 1045727

Setting up for an @imatabor tribute shave tomorrow. With a Slim/Voskhod/Oatmeal learning week scheduled as soon as the current Feather is exhausted. I know I like Voskhods, but I’ve only used one sampler tuck.
View attachment 1045728

Thanks so much.

glad you got yours already.. i'm still waiting on my soap to get to me........

The shave review is in.

CBL Tonsorial Roasted Oatmeal Stout smells great, holds a lot of water, and delivers a great shave. I used a light but long and vigorous face lather for the base/prep, then painted on a sealcoat of CBLTROS at full water capacity. Great lubrication!

The Slim? I’m still learning. Set it at 3, 5, and back to 3 today. The Voskhod (like the Feather) might be a more aggressive blade than my current level of Slim sophistication can comfortably support.

My only regret? I haven’t yet found a bottle of Oatmeal Stout to raise a toast to @imatabor , not even the classic Tadcaster. This is Portland, Oregon. Beer central. I know it’s out there.

The shave review is in.

CBL Tonsorial Roasted Oatmeal Stout smells great, holds a lot of water, and delivers a great shave. I used a light but long and vigorous face lather for the base/prep, then painted on a sealcoat of CBLTROS at full water capacity. Great lubrication!

The Slim? I’m still learning. Set it at 3, 5, and back to 3 today. The Voskhod (like the Feather) might be a more aggressive blade than my current level of Slim sophistication can comfortably support.

My only regret? I haven’t yet found a bottle of Oatmeal Stout to raise a toast to @imatabor , not even the classic Tadcaster. This is Portland, Oregon. Beer central. I know it’s out there.
I love my ROS soap! Glad it got to you ok. The Voskhods are my go to blade but I'm not a fan of the Slim. The only reason I keep it is because of the whole birth razor thing. I much prefer my RFB.

The Voskhods are my go to blade but I'm not a fan of the Slim.

That was enough permission for me to put the Slim in storage and move the Voskhod to my Fatip Piccolo, a razor I haven’t used since OCtober.

I also paid a fruitful visit to a higher end local grocery. The circle is complete. I propose a toast “To John, @imatabor , health, joy, and many happy returns of Slim Day!”

B154A8F9-004D-4EA9-B3F5-5A13F9B227C6.jpeg

And, nice call on the RFB. Gillette three piece OCs rule. :thumbup:

Top Bottom