What's new

Fatboy's "Welcome to Wet Shaving" PIF #2 - April 2019

Time for PIF #2 a Tax Day special.

Like many others here, I have accumulated an excess of hardware over the years. I’d like to start thinning the herd by gifting some of these items to newer members at B&B who are just starting their wet shaving journey.

This PIF is open to CONUS lower 48 only, and I will pay the shipping. (Apologies to our International friends even if you are willing to make up the shipping difference). Rules for entry are below and please read the Honor system and housekeeping section at the bottom to fully understand the terms and conditions.

This PIF will close at 11:59pm on Saturday April 27th, 2019. Good luck to all and welcome to B&B!

Rules for entry:
  • To keep it simple, you must be a B&B member for less than 6 months at time of entry.
  • All posts with the words “I’m in” will be entered in the final drawing.
  • Only one entry (the first one you put in) per PIF will be considered.
  • You may only receive 1 PIF from Fatboy within your 6-month new status window. If you did not win my previous PIF or won someone else's, feel free to enter here as well.
  • I will use a Google random number generator and the first matching post number meeting above criteria will be the recipient.
  • Once the recipient is announced, I will ask for a shipping address via PM at B&B. Please make sure your inbox is accessible and you are checking it regularly.
  • If I cannot establish communication within 3 days after sending the initial PM, I will move on to the next recipient.
For PIF #2 we have two of my favorite razors. This includes an Ever Ready Krona circa 1966? and as a bonus a brand new Lord L6, 19mm Generic Synthetic Brush with painted wood handle (new), Arko shave soap stick (new), 5 each of Voskhod Teflon Coated, Supermax Blue Diamond and Persona Lab Blue blades (all new).

full
This Lord model was the first razor I started with and used exclusively for almost 3 years at one point. I still have one in my den that looks brand new and highly recommend it. The Krona is another personal favorite that gives an excellent and smooth shave.

The Ever Ready Krona is in very good shape with intact plating and sticker on the tip, minus one small flaw. The neck that joins the base plate has worked slightly loose and sometimes spins just a bit. But the doors close tight and it works perfectly and should provide years of great shaves. The Lord L6 is brand new but removed from the original packaging. Both of these are excellent shavers that can be used daily. Both have been washed with Dawn and dipped in Barbicide.

The brush is generic but new (was washed in Dawn) and has very nice backbone for face lathering. It has a painted wooden handle and has very nice feel.

The Arko soap and blades are all new and should last a good 2 months for your start.
Good luck to all who enter!

Honor system and housekeeping:
  • Please don’t resell. If you no longer want the items, then PIF it to someone who is starting out.
  • All items are gifted “as is” and without warranty:
    • Acceptance of the PIF means you assume all liability for any health concerns for any item in the PIF.
    • All used razors have been washed with Dawn detergent and dipped in Barbicide.
    • I will clean and inspect the items to the best of my ability to insure they are functional.
    • The blades and soap were purchased new and are unused from my personal supply.
  • New PIF’s will be listed in a separate thread. Entries will not carry over to the new listing.
  • Please feel free to enter in the next PIF if you are still under your 6-month membership window.
  • I reserve the right to change recipients if it is found the someone used a duplicate account or broke any of the B&B site rules.
  • For those starting out, I would recommend reading WET SHAVING INSTRUCTIONS AND TUTORIALS. There is a plethora of information there that will help you get started on a successful path to wet shaving.
  • There is no obligation for the PIF, but if you are inclined and want to give back, consider purchasing a Contributor level to help support Badger and Blade. Upgrades are at https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/account/upgrades.
  • I am not associated with B&B in any capacity other than a member who wants to help new members get started.
Thanks for your interest in the PIF!

Correction, the Krona is an Eversharp. I was cleaning a single edge Ever Ready whilst typing this and my old mind got confused.

This should be ending today. Hopefully I am lucky that way I can give back the borrored safety razor. I wonder if sending good thoughts work electronically. Lol .

Top Bottom