What's new

Fatboy's "Welcome to Wet Shaving" PIF #1 - April 2019

Like many others here, I have accumulated an excess of hardware over the years. I’d like to start thinning the herd by gifting some of these items to newer members at B&B who are just starting their wet shaving journey.

This PIF is open to CONUS lower 48 only, and I will pay the shipping. (Apologies to our International friends even if you are willing to make up the shipping difference). Rules for entry are below and please read the Honor system and housekeeping section at the bottom to fully understand the terms and conditions.

This PIF will close at 11:59pm on April 14th, 2019. Good luck to all and welcome to B&B!

Rules for entry:
  • To keep it simple, you must be a B&B member for less than 6 months at time of entry.
  • All posts with the words “I’m in” will be entered in the final drawing.
  • Only one entry (the first one you put in) per PIF will be considered.
  • I will use a Google random number generator and the first matching post number meeting above criteria will be the recipient.
  • Once the recipient is announced, I will ask for a shipping address via PM at B&B. Please make sure your inbox is accessible and you are checking it regularly.
  • If I cannot establish communication within 3 days after sending the initial PM, I will move on to the next recipient.
True to my B&B handle, PIF #1 includes a 1961 G2 Fatboy and as a bonus a 1963 I1 Blue Lady Gillette, 19mm Luxury Barber Synthetic Brush (new), Arko shave soap stick (new), 5 each of Voskhod Teflon Coated, Supermax Blue Diamond and Persona Lab Blue blades (all new).

full

The Fatboy and Lady Gillette are user grade only. There is plating loss present on each razor handle and head. There are also a few water spots that will not buff out on the exterior of the doors.

However, they are fully functional. The adjustment dial on the Fatboy moves smoothly with the proper clicks. The bottom handle has the appropriate quarter turn to lock down. Doors open and close correctly on both and the blade gap is even and correct. They may not look like much but will make fine shavers for someone.

The brush is new (was washed in Dawn) and has very nice backbone for face lathering. It has a Kent style plastic handle and feels very good in the hand.

The Arko soap and blades are all new and should last a good 2 months for your start.

Good luck to all who enter!

Honor system and housekeeping:
  • Please don’t resell. If you no longer want the items, then PIF it to someone who is starting out.
  • All items are gifted “as is” and without warranty:
    • Acceptance of the PIF means you assume all liability for any health concerns for any item in the PIF.
    • All used razors have been washed with Dawn detergent and dipped in Barbicide.
    • I will clean and inspect the items to the best of my ability to insure they are functional.
    • The blades and soap were purchased new and are unused from my personal supply.
  • You may only receive 1 PIF within your 6-month new status window.
  • New PIF’s will be listed in a separate thread. Entries will not carry over to the new listing.
  • Please feel free to enter in the next PIF if you are still under your 6-month membership window.
  • I reserve the right to change recipients if it is found the someone used a duplicate account or broke any of the B&B site rules.
  • For those starting out, I would recommend reading WET SHAVING INSTRUCTIONS AND TUTORIALS. There is a plethora of information there that will help you get started on a successful path to wet shaving.
  • There is no obligation for the PIF, but if you are inclined and want to give back, consider purchasing a Contributor level to help support Badger and Blade. Upgrades are at https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/account/upgrades.
  • I am not associated with B&B in any capacity other than a member who wants to help new members get started.
Thanks for your interest in the PIF!
I'm in

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Excellent PIF! Not in however. I'm sure the new owner will be very excited. Good luck to all who enter!

6 months and 3 days here. Not in. Great PIF though - I'm sure at some point within the next year I'll be giving some stuff away either here or to friends that are converting over to the enjoyable side of shaving.

Like many others here, I have accumulated an excess of hardware over the years. I’d like to start thinning the herd by gifting some of these items to newer members at B&B who are just starting their wet shaving journey.

This PIF is open to CONUS lower 48 only, and I will pay the shipping. (Apologies to our International friends even if you are willing to make up the shipping difference). Rules for entry are below and please read the Honor system and housekeeping section at the bottom to fully understand the terms and conditions.

This PIF will close at 11:59pm on April 14th, 2019. Good luck to all and welcome to B&B!

Rules for entry:
  • To keep it simple, you must be a B&B member for less than 6 months at time of entry.
  • All posts with the words “I’m in” will be entered in the final drawing.
  • Only one entry (the first one you put in) per PIF will be considered.
  • I will use a Google random number generator and the first matching post number meeting above criteria will be the recipient.
  • Once the recipient is announced, I will ask for a shipping address via PM at B&B. Please make sure your inbox is accessible and you are checking it regularly.
  • If I cannot establish communication within 3 days after sending the initial PM, I will move on to the next recipient.
True to my B&B handle, PIF #1 includes a 1961 G2 Fatboy and as a bonus a 1963 I1 Blue Lady Gillette, 19mm Luxury Barber Synthetic Brush (new), Arko shave soap stick (new), 5 each of Voskhod Teflon Coated, Supermax Blue Diamond and Persona Lab Blue blades (all new).

full

The Fatboy and Lady Gillette are user grade only. There is plating loss present on each razor handle and head. There are also a few water spots that will not buff out on the exterior of the doors.

However, they are fully functional. The adjustment dial on the Fatboy moves smoothly with the proper clicks. The bottom handle has the appropriate quarter turn to lock down. Doors open and close correctly on both and the blade gap is even and correct. They may not look like much but will make fine shavers for someone.

The brush is new (was washed in Dawn) and has very nice backbone for face lathering. It has a Kent style plastic handle and feels very good in the hand.

The Arko soap and blades are all new and should last a good 2 months for your start.

Good luck to all who enter!

Honor system and housekeeping:
  • Please don’t resell. If you no longer want the items, then PIF it to someone who is starting out.
  • All items are gifted “as is” and without warranty:
    • Acceptance of the PIF means you assume all liability for any health concerns for any item in the PIF.
    • All used razors have been washed with Dawn detergent and dipped in Barbicide.
    • I will clean and inspect the items to the best of my ability to insure they are functional.
    • The blades and soap were purchased new and are unused from my personal supply.
  • You may only receive 1 PIF within your 6-month new status window.
  • New PIF’s will be listed in a separate thread. Entries will not carry over to the new listing.
  • Please feel free to enter in the next PIF if you are still under your 6-month membership window.
  • I reserve the right to change recipients if it is found the someone used a duplicate account or broke any of the B&B site rules.
  • For those starting out, I would recommend reading WET SHAVING INSTRUCTIONS AND TUTORIALS. There is a plethora of information there that will help you get started on a successful path to wet shaving.
  • There is no obligation for the PIF, but if you are inclined and want to give back, consider purchasing a Contributor level to help support Badger and Blade. Upgrades are at https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/account/upgrades.
  • I am not associated with B&B in any capacity other than a member who wants to help new members get started.
Thanks for your interest in the PIF!
I'm in

And the winner is Chin Strap! I'll PM you to work out details for shipment.

Thanks to all those who showed interest and keep an eye out for more Fatboy PIF's soon.

And the winner is Chin Strap! I'll PM you to work out details for shipment.

Thanks to all those who showed interest and keep an eye out for more Fatboy PIF's soon.

Thank you Fatboy! I think a PM has been sent. Once the PIF comes give me a couple of weeks to try it out and I will get back to this thread with an update on how it's going and what I think of how it shaves. Thanks again!!

Top Bottom