What's new

Jay21's Journey Journal

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Fantastic shave this morning with the Lupo 95, Nacet, and Arko. I used a little more pressure than yesterday and was rewarded with a slightly closer shave. I was a little too cautious yesterday and essentially hovered the blade over my skin. This morning, I pressed it a little into it and it did the trick without adding any additional aftershave feedback because there was none! The Lupo 95 really is an absolutely fantastic razor. It's smooth and efficient. It will bite you if you're not careful, but it really isn't anything to fear. I think it's smoother than the Lupo 58 and possibly the Lupo 72. It's definitely one of my favorite razors.

And.....I ordered 200 Nacets this morning. It was supposedly from the last run at the PPI plant. 20 x 10 pack tucks.
Awesome taste in blades. Only GSBs beat them in my roster. I hated Nacets in my first year of DE shaving but now they are one of my favourites! Sorry @lasta but I think they are better then the newer GSBs. I do believe the pre 2018 GSBs are better though!
Just like those terrible 1980s tv commercials where some dude said he loved the product so much he bought the company.
Wasn't that the hair plug or rogaine guy? 🤣

Jay21

Awesome taste in blades. Only GSBs beat them in my roster. I hated Nacets in my first year of DE shaving but now they are one of my favourites! Sorry @lasta but I think they are better then the newer GSBs. I do believe the pre 2018 GSBs are better though!

Wasn't that the hair plug or rogaine guy? 🤣
Nacets are great. I can’t really tell much difference between them and GSBs, to be honest. This will get me excommunicated from the cult, I’m sure.

Jay21

Oh my goodness, this morning’s shave was one of the best I can ever remember. Smooth. Close. No feedback. Great face feel.

I have been using Neutrogena Hydro Boost as a preshave wash. I’d rub it in and then immediately wash it off. However, this morning, I let it rest on my face for five minutes while I brushed my teeth and whipped up the Arko lather. If you may recall, I had tried this in the past with KCG face wash, but I didn’t like the menthol. Anyway, today it worked great with the Neutrogena. The Lupo 95 and Nacet melted through the whiskers like I never experienced before.

Fantastic shave. 11 out of 10.

IMG_0273.jpeg

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
Nacets are great. I can’t really tell much difference between them and GSBs, to be honest. This will get me excommunicated from the cult, I’m sure.
I'm gonna let this one slide Jay. Nacets were my daily drivers for quite a while and I do agree with you on their qualities.

But for god sake, your indiscretions have been rampant lately! When was your last confession?

You should be glad were are past the medieval ages, because if you lived back then, you'd be barbecued and had your bones ground up to be used as seasoning for the next 100 barbecues!

Jay21

I'm gonna let this one slide Jay. Nacets were my daily drivers for quite a while and I do agree with you on their qualities.

But for god sake, your indiscretions have been rampant lately! When was your last confession?

You should be glad were are past the medieval ages, because if you lived back then, you'd be barbecued and had your bones ground up to be used as seasoning for the next 100 barbecues!
clive barker hellraiser GIF by Shudder

Jay21

For some odd reason, I felt like shaving with Gillette Foamy this morning, so I did. It’s actually pretty good stuff. The only tradeoff for the convenience is I don’t get as close of a shave with it was with Arko.

Still on the Lupo 95 kick. I suspect I will be for some time because I really like it.

I also used Aqua Velva Musk for the first time this morning. Not too bad, either. The scent is longer lasting than Old Spice and Skin Bracer.

Jay21

I went back to Arko this morning as the lubricant for my Lupo 95 and Nacet. It was a pretty nice shave, although not as close as I was expecting considering the extra work I did with prep, touchups, and buffing. I have to check my angle because I might be going too shallow now. I had a little tingle from the Old Spice due to the extra work, but it wasn't sting or burn. It was a reminder that additional work was done.

Jay21

This morning's shave was pretty fantastic. The Arko lather exploded and seemed extra creamy. I used the Lupo 95 and Nacet at a slightly steeper angle than I have been lately. It was probably pretty close to neutral, or at least a few degrees shallower than neutral. The shave was closer and the post-shave feel was very nice. Not even a tingle from the Old Spice.

Top Bottom