What's new

Jay21's Journey Journal

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
I had another top notch shave this morning with the Lupo 72, Nacet, and Arko. It wasn’t quite as close as yesterday’s because I think the blade is getting a little long in the tooth. The Arko wasn’t quite as thick as yesterday, but it was still a very nice lather. I had fully expected there to be some sting from the Old Spice due to these factors, but there was none. The super shallow angle was the ticket for me. I think I experienced steep creep with the Lupo because it doesn’t bend the blade as much as the MJ-90A, so I have to go shallower than I had been. Since I have to change the blade for tomorrow, I think I’ll switch to the Lupo 95. I also have really come to love the Nacet. I have over 100, but I better stock up before they disappear.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
I'm feeling a sense of accomplishment this morning. I loaded a fresh Nacet into the Lupo 95, whipped up a nice Arko lather, and had a very nice shave. No feedback or sting from the Old Spice. Very nice indeed. It's interesting, though. I've been shaving with mild razors since February and stepped up to the Lupo 72 last week. The Lupo 72 is medium aggression, but I wouldn't classify it as aggressive, per se. There is some blade feel. However, the jump in aggression, blade feel, and face feel from the Lupo 72 to the Lupo 95 was immediately apparent. Because of this, I played it extra safe this morning by going shallow with as light of a feel as I could. I also performed no touchups or buffs of any kind. As a result, the shave wasn't a whole lot closer than what I've been getting with the Lupo 72. This will be overcome with technique in the future and I need a few more shaves to work up to it. The Lupo 95 was one of my favorite razors with canned goo, and it's looking like it could be with real soap as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom