What's new

Its the 'I dont like irritation and cant remember which blades irritate' Journal

My memory is bad, and Id rather not keep using razor blades that I should already know I DO NOT LIKE... So what better place then to keep track of my mistakes mainly, but we might as well throw some successes in there too.

The reason I decided to take the dive and start this thread... Well here ya go,

Last night I had a decent shave aside from 1 small nick, no blood, but eraser sized under my left ear, but I just seemed to notice that the razor blade I was using seemed to offer a bit of discomfort during the shave. There was no post shave irritation and the nick under the ear calmed down nicely BUT, the GILLETTE NACET PLATINUM just seemed "sharp" for lack of a better term. But, when I say "Sharp" I mean unforgiving, and just slicing from the moment it touched my skin, and this was right out of the sleeve. So, I think to myself that this must be my technique, because after all I have only be wet shaving with a DE razor since May. Today, got ramped up for my shave... whipped up the soap, grabbed my new and away I went for day 2 Gillette Nacet Platinum style! Well, right off as I hit under the chin, which is where I started, I felt that sharp sensation once again. After taking about 7 one inch strokes I stopped and decided to switch blades. I put a GILLETTE SILVER BLUE in and right off the bat it was different. Much more comfortable I guess. No more sharp feeling, just a smooth gliding feeling. It was a much better blade for me I guess.

Which brings me here. Here I will post the different blades I try and do my best to put into words how they feel to my on my skin. I would appreciate any and all of your input here, as well as your experiences with the blades. 1 thing I have learned here is that we sure can learn a lot from each other.

$l_F8qG50-gillette-nacet-platinum-double-edge-razor-blades-mad.jpgGillette Nacet Platinum: Felt sharp, uncomfortable, unforgiving 1 1/2 shaves before put into limbo

View attachment 501232Gillette Silver Blue: comfortable, gliding, easy, mildish through 1 shave

Gillette Silver Blue day 2 wasnt as good as day 1 but I believe that was due to poor prep (no shower) and poor technique (not going WTG) on the neck, however, 1 tiny patch of irritation that really was barely there, but, us face-terbators notice it all.

Gillette Silver Blue day 3 went great, prep was good (shower) and shave was flawless.

GILLETTE SILVER BLUE
DAY 4 NECK SHAVE AND CLEAN UP

Today was the best shave yet. The one factor that changed on day 2 was no shower. Today I showered and once again took a little extra time hydrating my whiskers in the shower. I think my whiskers have a potential to be really tough, so a proper prep really pays off. I went into the shave confident, used stretching and came out with a great shave.

Top Bottom