What's new

Injector blade Differences

Whilst loading my Schick Golden 500, I noticed the new Schick blade didn't really want to seat correctly--especially if I utilized the Hydro-Magic lever and released it. It didn't catch correctly at the edges.

Out of curiosity, I loaded a Longs Drugs/CVS blade and...voila! Perfect fit.

Upon closer inspection, I see that the corners of the two different brands of blades are DIFFERENT shapes: Longs/angular; Schick/curved. Check out the pics.

Also: the Schick blades seem to have a light film of oil on them...?

The oil is normal, but I have never noticed the different corners. That is interesting. Then again, I have never looked closely at an injector blade, because I never actually have to handle them, just insert them, and pop the old one right out of the razor into the blade bank.

I've had no issues with the Schick blades in my late 40s injector. However, I've had problems with the CVS blades being difficult to insert because the blades didn't line up correctly with the razor's head. BTW, my late 40s injector seems a little on the aggressive side. I attribute that to the relatively large gap between the bar and the blade. Does anyone know if any of the later ones have a smaller blade gap?

-Clarke

Top Bottom