What's new

info on this razor

Can someone give me some background on this razor? Also, when I'm allowed to sell or trade on these forums of course...how much you think it's worth?

It's worth $5, I can pay you in advance :biggrin:

Kidding of course... I'm sure it's worth a decent value since the original wooden case is included and in good shape as well.

I recently saw one with bid over $50, not sure what it ended up going for though.

That's a Copley model as shown on page 171 of Krumholz. He had it valued in 1992 as between $35-$45. I'm generally seeing the going market value as being anywhere from 50% to %100 higher on some of the nicer sets listed in his somewhat dated book. Given that this is a limited edition named after the Copley Hotel in Boston it has much greater collectible appeal than many other more common Old Type sets.

Very cool Asylum, I appreciate you looking into it for me. What would you do with it if you were me? Would you just hang onto it? Or would you trade it out on these forums for some other shave gear? I am such a newb that I need all the advice I can get. ;-)

As for myself, I would probably keep it, but then again I'm more of a collector. Trading it out is another fine option if you don't wish to just look at it on a shelf. You could possibly come out with more usable value than trying to sell it.

Top Bottom