What's new

Independence Day/Canada Day Pif. Custom clone #2 -the BFR

After a long and arduous trip through customs and the military mail system, I'm very happy to say that the BFR has landed in Hawaii. As advertised, this thing is, indeed, one big effing razor...

20180807_193335.jpg

That's my current daily driver, a 2011 R41, for reference. This thing is a monster, and really a work of art. Looking forward to putting it through its paces - thanks again, Rick!

Will be anxious to hear your reviews on how it shaves. I’m hopeful the handle I won in the same pif will clear customs and get delivered soon. Since yours made it to Hawaii yesterday, hopefully mine will make it to Missouri in the next few days.

It looks better in your pic! You have captured the unusual sheen and colour of that stainless steel. (whatever it is)

Beautiful work done !
I've to try myself grinding some HSS tool blanks .
Really inspiring thread !
Thank you .

Beautiful work done !
I've to try myself grinding some HSS tool blanks .
Really inspiring thread !
Thank you .
If you're going to work with brass or aluminum, I suggest buying cheaper HSS bits made in China or India. They can be found on the net as cheap as $1 depending on size. They're a good enough steel to machine any brass or aluminum you use, and they're so cheap, you won't care if you screw up a bunch learning how to grind the profiles.(like I did) I use them for anything up to and including cold rolled steel. The premium bits are over 10 times the price. Those grip cuts made on the stainless? Cut with a Chinese bit I bought for under $1. I didn't want to regrind one of my premium bits. It held up fine for those few cuts.
Here's an example of a company I have purchased from:
High Speed Steel Tool Bits at Wholesale Tool Co., Inc.

Top Bottom