What's new

In N Out v. White Castle

In N Out v. White Castle

• In N Out

• White Castle

Results are only viewable after voting.
In N Out all the way, by far the best fast food. The locations that I have visited have been so clean that my shoes squeak when I walk in. The staff is friendly without being annoying. It is 9:45am and I am hungry for lunch.:lol:

I've never been to White Castle, but all this talk has got me craving a Double-Double and animal style fries. I just might go there on my lunch. :lol:

In N Out all the way, by far the best fast food. The locations that I have visited have been so clean that my shoes squeak when I walk in. The staff is friendly without being annoying. It is 9:45am and I am hungry for lunch.:lol:

Im hitting the one off Scottsdale and 202:lol:

We don't have either of those in my area. My favorite fast food burgers (from a national chain that is available here) are What a Burger. We also have a good local outfit called Milo's.

Tim

We don't have either of those in my area. My favorite fast food burgers (from a national chain that is available here) are What a Burger. We also have a good local outfit called Milo's.

Tim

+1+

Every time I go back to visit my mom in Pensacola, I make a point to have a What-a-Burger! Lillian and Mobile Hwy. Well that and a trip to Joe Patties for a few pounds of 16 count shrimp...

:drool:

-jim

Is this a joke? I don't see how anyone could vote for White Castle unless they'd never had In N Out (or never had White Castle).

The real contest is Five Guys vs In N Out!

If you've ever been in an In N Out the experience is pretty neat. I've never got some dopey kid with an attitude hence why In N Out hiring practice is pretty impressive. Their hiring at the one a few blocks away and they start out at $10 an hour with benefits and tuition help.

I love the paper In N Out uses so much I want to eat it with my burger:lol:

Also, In N Out's secret menu is freaking awesome!

I travel a lot back east and had to experience the WC and it was very disappointing.

Hugely agree on all accounts.

V

VR6ofpain

On the west coast we don't have White Castle "fresh", only out of a box in the frozen foods isle of the grocery store.

Because of this, I would say In and Out is better. I would like to actually eat at a White Castle though. I tried something similar in Mississippi, but it was pretty horrid. The place was called Krystal, and it was a total disappointment.

What a Burger is gross. Nauseating compared to In N Out and even WC. There is a place in Atlanta that has a pretty good burger but the name escapes me but the fries come in a bag:tongue_sm

Yep, In'n'Out is a privately held, family run company. They are expanding, but slowly. They only open restaurants when they have enough spare managers and are conservative.

Being Left Coast born and raised, I voted for In n' Out. I do love White Castle (and especially Krystal) when I travel, but they're not the same.

However, in LA, In n' Out is middle of the pack. Other locals, like Tommy's, The Habit, Pie n' Burger, B&R Burger, and the sublime Apple Pan whup In n' Out. Fortunately, the Apple Pan is just down the street from the office, so I head there to satisfy intense burger cravings.

On the west coast we don't have White Castle "fresh", only out of a box in the frozen foods isle of the grocery store.

Because of this, I would say In and Out is better. I would like to actually eat at a White Castle though. I tried something similar in Mississippi, but it was pretty horrid. The place was called Krystal, and it was a total disappointment.

Fifty years ago, when I was a little kid, Krystal seemed to be pretty decent. It was my mother's favorite treat. But, like almost everything else, they have gone way downhill on their methods and quality.

Tim

Is there even a contest here? In n' Out all the way.

I've never even seen an In N Out restaurant and I would still say that it is better than White Castle. Any joint that puts a disc of meat between two hamburger buns is better than White Castle. YM obviously Vs.

Double Double, Animal Style. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Oh, and the fries at In-N-Out are the BEST.

I can go for one of those right now! but all I got is oatmeal. :mad3:

I agree that In-N-Out fries are fresh (and just potato), but they aren't the best. I'll take McD's fries - freshly fried and salted - over In-N-Out any day of the week. I understand they aren't strictly potato.

Sort of the same principle that I prefer Lays to Ruffles.

But not the burgers, geez is there a worse burger then McDs I have no idea of where it is. Once I had a couple of McD cheeseburgers and went for a surf. I ended up paddling into a kelp bed and sticking my finger down my throat trying to get it out of my stomach. I was trying hard to chum, but all I did was gag.

:001_huh:

-jim

Top Bottom