What's new

In N Out v. White Castle

In N Out v. White Castle

• In N Out

• White Castle

Results are only viewable after voting.
For those who have traveled to places to try both burger places.

Im all about In N Out. I love the burgers but mostly enjoy the simplicity of the menu and the culture of the company.

Double Double, extra grilled onions, no tomatoes is my poison.

And it is a great place to work and they have a very pleasant staff.

White Castle is nothing fresh about it but they are tasty.

Wow, tough call! I'd have to say In N Out for the overall quality of the food. White Castle is tasty, but usually because the food was soaking up excess alcohol. :tongue_sm:lol:

I live in KY, no IN n Outs here but I loved those places and would go out of my way to get them when I was in Cali while in the Marines. All I have here is White Castle which are good but my dear man, Your comparing apples to oranges here. There simple not comparable in my mind. In n Out by far!!!!

I've bounced around the idea on opening one around here but don't know if it's feasible or if the Franchise would even go for it.

In N Out by far. I'm also a fan of Five Guys. They have a couple locations in AZ, I'd recommend checking them out. :thumbup1:

I love me some in n out. I couldnt stand white castle when I was in Great Lakes. In the south they have Krystals. Depends on the location if they are good or not. When they are good, man they are good, but stil not as good as in n out.

I used to love White Castle but when I was up in Columbus this past September and stopped at one, it was almost kind of gross... It could have been the particular location but it made me want to not eat WC any more (which is a shame).

The Krystals here in Columbia closed just prior to my arrival in '04, so I've not had their food to compare to WC. The closest one now, I believe, is Augusta, GA. One day I'll head over there to give it a try.

I never did try (or even remember seeing) In N Out while deploying out West, but I did love me some Del Taco!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I think its not really fair to compare the two. White castle is GREAT, but more on par with Krystal burger. I would have to say its like comparing a Kobe burger to a Flame Broiled Whopper.

Very different beasts, but equally good.

Never had an In and Out but I have heard good things. White Castle is excellent in its late night role. Can I prefer both?

Tangentially, I prefer The Big Lebowski to Harold and Kumar.

I voted for In-N-Out only because there are none in NYC and always find them a treat when on the west coast or vegas. However a April fool hoax was played on New Yorkers http://ny.eater.com/archives/2010/04/this_is_either_the_best_or_the_worst_day_for_innout_lovers.php

However to I don't think it's fair to put them in the same category, yes there both ground beef, but prepared completely different. As a teenager wanting to sober up at 4am nothing beat the feeling as to when your number was called and you gave in your all bent up number card to the clerk to collect your food. Great memories.

If you've ever been in an In N Out the experience is pretty neat. I've never got some dopey kid with an attitude hence why In N Out hiring practice is pretty impressive. Their hiring at the one a few blocks away and they start out at $10 an hour with benefits and tuition help.

I love the paper In N Out uses so much I want to eat it with my burger:lol:

Also, In N Out's secret menu is freaking awesome!

I travel a lot back east and had to experience the WC and it was very disappointing.

I've bounced around the idea on opening one around here but don't know if it's feasible or if the Franchise would even go for it.

In-n-Out is a privately held company, no franchises if I recall correctly. It's a family owned and operated business.

I've eaten too many in-n-out burgers. All things being equal, I prefer McDonalds fries and BK whoppers. When you get past the mystic and the rareness of the outlets, it really isn't that great of a burger.

Although thinking of a couple of animal style hamburgers with well done fries is making me hungry.

-jim

Top Bottom