What's new

Ikon B1 Standard Razor Sweet Deal - Should I?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
This might be a little clearer. Go from the top of the pic to the bottom. That would be left to right if the razor was standing up on the end of the handle. See how the one slot appears to be right at the edge of the cap, but when you look at the bottom/right side slot you can see part of the baseplate that is under the cap.View attachment 793669
Sticks out like a sore thumb. No good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Every iKon stainless razor that I've owned (at least 5, including the OC, SB, and Slant, in various finishes) had a "wavy" blade, to some degree, due to the base-plate or top-cap being warped in some way. I wouldn't buy another one. I'd attribute it to the sintered construction, but I've never heard of the Feather ASD1/2 (also sintered) having similar issues. The aluminum ShaveCrafts that I've owned have been better quality in that respect (though most have been too mild for me, with the exception of the ShaveCraft Tech, which is anything but mild).

An interesting development: I thought it was odd that the vendor told me to return it to Ikon, not to them, but I got emails from both so I didn't care as long as I got my refund. Everything was handled quickly and everyone was polite and professional. About two weeks after returning the razor, I saw an Ikon B1 Standard on ebay, so I bid on it. I was the highest bidder for a while and after a few days was outbid. I went to increase my maximum bid and I got a message that the seller was not accepting bids from me. I have bought well over a hundred things off of ebay over the years, and I have sold several things as well. I have never been blocked and I have never blocked a buyer. I always leave feedback and all but one was positive, and that was several years ago. I didn't ask any questions of the seller. All I did was bid. Thinking this was strange, I looked into the seller. He or she had nine items for sale at the time. All of them were Ikon: a few razors, a head, a handle, and a bag. He or she has only been a seller on ebay for about six and a half months, but has sold 110 items...ALL IKON. I believe that this person is selling the returned Ikons on ebay and recognized me by my username as a customer who returned an item. The questions: How does this person get all of these Ikons? And why don't they sell anything else? Of course the answer to both questions could be the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom