What's new

if you had to choose one DE/SE/SR for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Going to have to make an update here. Changing my selection to Yates 921-H. Perfection.
I was thinking about the EH plate. Yates is quite sold out atm, winner if they are fully booked churning out Merica and Winning razors.

Although I currently shave with both DE and SR, if I'm on blood thinners towards the end of my life it would have to be the Wilkinson Sword Protector 3 cart.'

Merkur 34G. After 35 years of electric, injectors and carts, I found this site and switched to DE. A 34G was the second DE I bought a dozen years ago. I've tried many DE's since, but I keep coming back to that 34. It's the perfect size and balance for me. Occasionally, I need to upgrade to a better blade, but that's easier than adapting to a new DE.

I was thinking about the EH plate. Yates is quite sold out atm, winner if they are fully booked churning out Merica and Winning razors.

I just purchased the EH plate a couple of days ago just to see what it's like. I bet it will be nice, but not an everyday plate for me. The H plate is most likely the highest I can go for daily use. I also got a brass H plate for a different look every now and then.

I was just thinking about this topic recently atnd even had a conversation about it this week. I have a lot of great razors but every time I use the Razorock Gamechanger .84 with the barberpole handle I think "this is perfect". Honorable mention to the Wunderbar.

I was just thinking about this topic recently atnd even had a conversation about it this week. I have a lot of great razors but every time I use the Razorock Gamechanger .84 with the barberpole handle I think "this is perfect". Honorable mention to the Wunderbar.

It's a great feeling when you find the perfect razor (and of course blade, soap, aftershave, etc) that hits all the marks.

After using a VDH for a number of years, with which if that was the only one available, I'm ok with using just that, with the right blade. BUT, now I have a Parker 91R, and when I use a Wilkinson Sword(G) blade, I am just fine for the rest of my life. It's a great pairing for me, always a DFS+ shave, usually just 1 pass. I'm not a collector
20211204_102919.jpg
like most of you, but do enjoy a great DE shave.

Karve CB Brass with 3" Gladius handle and SB-C plate. I have others I like, but to me this is a work of art. Makes me happy looking at it, feels perfect in the hand, and delivers a superb shave day after day. I've rarely used anything else for the last month.

Happy new year everyone.

20211231_143941.jpg

The Ambassador has been unseated, but, now it is a tie between the Wolfman WR2 SB or the Karve CB with wide body cap. Not sure which gap or handle for the WR2. The Karve I am set with an open comb or safety bar plates. Either or or both. So with my two gaps each and two different handles for the Wolf, I guess I am wishy washy until I get more shaves under my belt.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Choices change over time. From the Cadman "Bengall" ⅝, I have changed my choice to the Gold Dollar W59.

IMG_20211223_165339.jpg
The reason is an exceptional edge that is both keen and sharp. The pointy and sharp toe keeps your level of concentration up. Not for n00bies to SR shaving, that's for sure.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
It's a great feeling when you find the perfect razor (and of course blade, soap, aftershave, etc) that hits all the marks.
Exactly the way I feel with an Above the Tie Windsor with the mild copper plate, a day two Gillette Silver Blue or Israeli Personna, Martin de Candre Fougere applied with a small Kent silvertip, and a splash of 4711 or Acqua di Selva. I have used this plate long enough that it is incredibly efficient. I have also come to love the Atlas handle. I would be fine with this combination 365/366. That does not mean I do not fantasize about trying the S1!

Exactly the way I feel with an Above the Tie Windsor with the mild copper plate, a day two Gillette Silver Blue or Israeli Personna, Martin de Candre Fougere applied with a small Kent silvertip, and a splash of 4711 or Acqua di Selva. I have used this plate long enough that it is incredibly efficient. I have also come to love the Atlas handle. I would be fine with this combination 365/366. That does not mean I do not fantasize about trying the S1!
Nice sounding combinations. I have the Windsor as well and really like the SSRH plate....I have CM1 and CR1 as well. You're not missing out on anything regarding the S1. It's a smooth shaver with good efficiency but the CM1 is just as smooth but maybe not quite as efficient. The CR1 is more like the S1 in efficiency (at least from what I can remember). I ended up selling my S1 and haven't really missed it.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

12-29-21.CM1.SS-NILJade.640.JPG

The CM1 is hard to beat for me, too.

Mine's with the SS Windsor Pro cap.​

Happy New Year,

Jim

Top Bottom