What's new

if you had to choose one DE/SE/SR for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Gillette Brazilian Goodwill

4CACDD2E-7124-43D2-95AD-FFCD93F666A7.jpeg

"Indústria Brasileira" i.e., Brazilian Industry.

At the risk of being banished to some distant, lonely corner of the web the one razor I would choose is the Gillette Trac II. Blades are easily attainable and the Trac II will be easy to operate as I get old(er).

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Why no pics peeps? :crying:

My inner (and outer) child NEED PICS! :a32:

I like your question and will answer it with poorly taken photographs.

I answered Fatip Grande or Gillette Old Type. Have both, but the Fatip has been used and is in the bathroom where my shaves occur:
1637189615441.jpeg

Mind you, my Ikon X3 (on a Gentleman Jon’s razor handle) can do the same job with even more rigidity and better construction:
1637189839491.jpeg

Yeah, fiercely promenade down that shave binky catwalk, Ikon X3!

Ahem. Erm. < coughs > And the better answer; so, naturally, not the answer I gave; is the GEM Micromatic Open Comb. Are there better razors? Objectively and subjectively, the answer is yes. Are there better safety razors? Such a question pondered would any solemnity would cause the instant psychic death one reads of in Lovecraftian horror stories. Behold the MMOC:
1637190111191.jpeg

My next shave is going to be with that glossy-feeling, nickel-played whisker-remover made available the world over by Morocutti Giovanni.

If I can change/adjust plates - Id have to go w my Rockwell 6c.

If fixed plates - Id have to go with my GC .68.

I always seem to go back to that .68, no matter how far or long I roam elsewhere ...

Reactions: saj
Fatip open comb retro, but in gold instead of the black nickel that I have.

Certainly not the “best” razor I have, but it’s good enough and it’s got some panache.

A more practical choice would be the Ikon B1 slant.

If I can change/adjust plates - Id have to go w my Rockwell 6c.

If fixed plates - Id have to go with my GC .68.

I always seem to go back to that .68, no matter how far or long I roam elsewhere ...
Yea I'd say it's fair enough to choose an adjustable even on the basis that it can chang settings, I mean that's the whole purpose to it lol

Tbh I think this decision of which razor to choose for me personally is harder then which razor blade to choose for life

One minute I think I'm set on one,
then another one pops up, very hard decision tbh

Timeless Ti. I have only the scalloped .68 and it could easily be the one. If I knew it was the only razor for life I would consider a dual comb for longer growth but I haven't had the privilege of trying the OC or other gaps yet.

Top Bottom