What's new

If you had to choose between corned beef and pastrami

Corned Beef or Pastrami?

• Corned Beef

• Pastrami

Results are only viewable after voting.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
All this talk about corned beef and pastrami is making me hungry. I think I'll stop by Harold's Deli and get an x-large corned beef and pastrami combo sandwich for a light snack, $52.95.

ouch

Upon further consideration, I decided that I'm a bit puckish today and the aforementioned sandwich may not be enough. I'll probably go for either the "Abe Lebewohl" triple decker of corned beef, pastrami, Russian dressing and coleslaw on rye ($73.95) or the x-large pastrami Reuben (also $73.95).

Urp in advance.

ouch

proxy.php

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
That there be some serious wretched excess there, Ouch. I think I want one. Or maybe even two. They'll get me through the snowstorm. Maybe all the way to June

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I never understood the reasoning behind making a "sandwich" that is impossible to eat without a fork.

I vote corned beef over pastrami mainly because I like it in its variations... corned beef and cabbage as a meal, corned beef hash with eggs, and corned beef on a sandwich.

Have to agree here...then I begin to think about the pastrami sandwich I once had at Katz's in NYC. Nah, I'll still go with corned beef.

There are some fundamental differences between the two. They're made from two different cuts of meat. Corned beef is made from brisket, as is most of the pastrami you'll ever come across, but real pastrami is made from beef navel.
Please! I love Pastarmi, but "navel?" I believe the preferred name of the cut is "plate" or belly. No doubt the same thing, but let's keep it appetizing.

Last edited:
Next time you're in Baltimore, tell your Uber driver to take you to the 1000 block of E. Lombard Street, nicknamed Corn Beef Row ...
proxy.php

Once you get there, go to Attman's Deli ...
proxy.php

And don't let all the advertising signs fool you ...
proxy.php

Order a PASTRAMI sandwich ...

you can thank me later.

One of the finest sandwiches in the world. Haven't been there in a few years but I try every time I go back.

You've asked one of life's most vexing questions. Very tough call but pastrami for me. My preferred delivery vehicle - triple decker with chopped chicken liver and cole slaw with a bowl of 24hr pickles as my salad. No mustard necessary.

I am definitely a pastrami person, i can remember in the 60's NY world fair and we ate sandwiches almost every night from the delis in the area.

However if you love corned beef, when st
Patty day passes i used to go to the super markets in my area that had plenty of corned beef to dump as it was left over. You can save a bunch of money and freeze a few packages.
Im the only one who ate corned beef so i had sandwiches for a few days.

ouch

You've asked one of life's most vexing questions. Very tough call but pastrami for me. My preferred delivery vehicle - triple decker with chopped chicken liver and cole slaw with a bowl of 24hr pickles as my salad. No mustard necessary.

Way back when, before I developed a taste for it, everyone who ever met my mother said she made the world's best chopped liver.

Way back when, before I developed a taste for it, everyone who ever met my mother said she made the world's best chopped liver.

In my family, it was my grandmother's Fried Matzoh that set the Gold Standard that all other meals were judged against.

Top Bottom