What's new

If I had to use only one shaving brush from now on, I would use......

After only 10 years or so since converting from cartridge and canned cream, I can no more choose my favorite brush than I could choose my favorite child! With that in mind, it's a toss up for me on a Rudy Vey Eagle style with a Shavemac Silvertip Flattop knot, or M&F Chief, or Shavemac 102 2 Band Silvertip, or da Vinci 290 (handle gets it!), or Plisson 23mm Horn HMW, or Rudy Vey Chubby style 1 Shavemac 2 Band, or Bob Quinn's burl/red resin Silvertip, or Simpson's Silvertip Polo 8, or........ Obviously I have terminal brush acquisition disorder!

They are all special in their own way.

That would have to be my unbranded silvertip. The badger hair has nice density and the imitation ivory handle has good weight, but not to heavy.
20200220_182146.jpg

Omega 6217 Pure Badger (black with lots of backbone)

No floppy wet dog here, this baby has spring and after half a lifetime of fighting my whiskers it’s tips have split & softened

If I had to pick one at this point, it would be the 2018 Rudy Vey Badger & Blade group purchase brush with faux jade and real horn and a two band shavemac fan knot. I probably use that brush every third day.

I can't just pick one. All muh brushes are used for different purposes. It all depends if I want to face lather or bowl lather. Choice of brush is also affected by the soap I use wether it be a cream or hard soap. Depends also how my skin is doing if I have irritation I might pick a very soft synthetic. If I have some in growns I might choose muh Semogue 830 or Omega S for a face lather.
"Muh"?

Mozingo ZT2. There is just something about them. I can’t explain it. I still think the Black Eagle HT1 and Varlet knots are slightly “better” with more gel. And Declaration knots are amazing too. Love a couple Paladin special knot codes too. But I just find myself reaching everyday for ZT2.

P.S. I’ve heard some great things about Rhodium and I have 2 new Tony Forsyth handles on the way to Srdjan and can’t wait to try them soon.

Attachments

• 75C83384-89A5-4996-8613-7DA417A5A58F.jpeg
    75C83384-89A5-4996-8613-7DA417A5A58F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
3 weeks ago I'd have said my Muehle 25mm synthetic.

Then, for the first time in almost a year, I picked up and used a brush that could easily be my only one:

Shavemac 2-band silvertip (24/50 fan). Amazing.

Top Bottom