What's new

If I had to use only one shaving brush from now on, I would use......

1AAB92B5-DFBA-41CD-8E4B-974B02A4DE22.jpeg

That one. I’ve had it the longest, and it’s awesome.

Today, I'd probably choose my Semogue 830.
I've got one that arrived a week ago and haven't tried it yet. I have not yet found just the right Semogue for me, but I also wonder if I've given them a fair chance. I may have to put it into use in the coming days, but tomorrow will probably be my Torga C5 boar, also new to the den.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
After a lifetime of using badger I got a synthetic, a lowly Simpson T2. I would be fine if the T2 were all I had. I am still searching for the soap that makes me feel the same way. MdC Fougere arrives tomorrow. I am cautiously optimistic.

I only have one brush so it's an easy choice for me - my Whipped Dog synthetic. Once I went synthetic I never looked back. I like it enough to not want any others.

In spite of all my custom handles, Simpson badgers, and all of the nearly 60 brushes , I would keep my whipped dog 24 mm manchurian badger plugged in to what is called a tall marble handle. In synthetics it would he the Razorock 400 aluminum

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yes sir ! My bad, it's the high mountain badger knot and its amazing !

Thank you. Could you say more about it. I'm interested in how it compares to Manchurians and two bands, particularly good ones. You mentioned having Simpson brushes and custom handles.

I have a good many brushes myself including a Shavemac D01 2 band, a Shavemac non-D01 2 band, a Simpson Chubby2 Best Badger, a couple of Zenith Manchurian brushes. I'm interested in how your WD-HMB compares to knots such as mine. I like a lot of backbone and a lot of scrub. Nothing wrong with softness, but I wouldn't give up any scrub or backbone for softness. I have several three band silvertips which I don't hate, but I like the two bands and Manchurians better.

Here's a post where the gentleman's selling his WD-HMB. He offers a mini review and describes the knot as floppy, etc. Is yours floppy? If not, I wonder why they're different?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
If I had to use only one shaving brush from now on

It would be impossible to say which brush I'd pick.

RV-IBO.New&Washed.480.JPG

11-20-20.FOCS.Vitos.RV-IBO.640.JPG

If I were stranded with my FOCS, Vitos Red, and this Rudy Vey-Irish Bog Oak with its Shavemac (non-DO1) 2 band I would be a happy camper.
9-15-20.RV-IBO.New & Washed.640.JPG

Still, there are others, and not just two or three, about which I could say the exact same thing.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom