What's new

If I had to use only one shaving brush from now on, I would use......

Razorock 400 aluminum handle Plissoft knot.

15CB2BD1-1D8C-4C33-8E41-5E3E3DD17FD1.jpeg

If I had to use only one shaving brush from now on, I would use the Rubberset 200-3.

I have a bunch of shaving brushes in rotation. Most of them are vintage brushes that have been reknotted, while a few are custom turned wooden handles. I like them all, but I really like the Rubberset 200-3. It's the right size for my hand, the right weight and balance, and the knot size is a good size at 24mm. Mine was reknotted by me with a Silvertip Badger knot from TGN.

What about you?

Funny you ask, I've been using alternates to keep the effort of sorting going. But honestly, I'll state I'm more firmly behind my Simpson Emperor 2 than ever.

After spending thousands of $$$ on brushes...,

From Synthetic, Boar (all grades, natural & dyed + mixed) , Horse (+ mixed) , Pure, Best, Super, Silvertip, mixed...

A well used Semogue 1305 is all you need..❤

Face lathering, hand lathering, bowl lathering..
Hard soap, soft soap, cream....liquid cream..
Amazing value!!
It can reach Semogue top quality owner's club boar level, and it can reach Simpsons Silvertip softness.. With added boar backbone 👌🏼

+The most comfortable handle I've ever used too...
Wish it was natural thou..

Use it, love it...and it will love you back 👍🏼

It's alot of a brush 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Well done Semogue 🙏🏼

**This video is better than all what i said above:

Last edited:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
That's an impossible choice.

Face lathering is easy: SOC badger 2 band.

Scuttle would probably be SOC TSN LE boar, but I would surely miss the occasional Kent BK8 luxury day.

If I had to pick only one I guess I'd go with the scuttle.

After a lifetime of using badger I got a synthetic, a lowly Simpson T2. I would be fine if the T2 were all I had. I am still searching for the soap that makes me feel the same way. MdC Fougere arrives tomorrow. I am cautiously optimistic.
You will love the Fougere

Would have to be my 28mm Brad Sears "Arley" in 2-band

It's the best brush I have ever owned.

Actually, all of Brad's brushes (and knots) seem to be a step up from all the other premium brushes I've owned, but there is something special about that Arley!

You guys are killing me!

I need one of these now. Is Yourshaving.com the best place to buy one?

p.s. I am in Canada and there is no Zenith reseller that I am aware of..
I believe I got mine from yourshaving.
I should say, before you get one. . . the Razorock Chubby (silvertip?) in the 506 handle holds my number two spot, with a Thater 4670 in first. The Razorock Chubby is, I believe, supplied by Zenith. It is softer and has a bit less backbone than the Manchurian, which I seem to LOVE when I'm using it. Two different brushes and glad to have both.

I believe I got mine from yourshaving.
I should say, before you get one. . . the Razorock Chubby (silvertip?) in the 506 handle holds my number two spot, with a Thater 4670 in first. The Razorock Chubby is, I believe, supplied by Zenith. It is softer and has a bit less backbone than the Manchurian, which I seem to LOVE when I'm using it. Two different brushes and glad to have both.
Cool. Thanks for this.

I do have a Razorock Barrel 24 in Silvertip. Nice brush but it is super dense and holds a ton of lather.

I am assuming this one is a Zenith?

Top Bottom