What's new

I want to try Martin de Candre Artisan Shaving Soap, recommend a scent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I said from the start the soap works great. My only point is so far it does not stand out to be the best I've tried. Maybe when I tune it in some I will like it more.
As I said it's not easy working from a tiny sample jar.

In my early days of wet shaving, I was overloading every soap I used which led to dragging, minor irritation, drying, etc. MdC looks like a soap that can be easily overloaded, that’s all I’m saying. Especially coming from MWF it’s easy to be heavy-handed. Very time I use the Fat I have to readjust everything to compensate.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I tried a sample of Fougere from Shave Dash.

1579989588622.png

I was hooked. No regrets over time either. Great scent. Great soap.

I'm busy figuring out how to load this soap. No matter how little I load it always works a treat.

To me, it makes a lot of sense to try samples. Even more so for the expensive soaps, or the ones with a high entry fee (like MdC).

Happy shaves,

Jim

I tried a sample of Fougere from Shave Dash.

View attachment 1056210

I was hooked. No regrets over time either. Great scent. Great soap.

I'm busy figuring out how to load this soap. No matter how little I load it always works a treat.

To me, it makes a lot of sense to try samples. Even more so for the expensive soaps, or the ones with a high entry fee (like MdC).

Happy shaves,

Jim

I agree that samples make sense. Lucky for me, I like all five scents very much after buying full tubs of each (without trying samples). I increasingly finding myself deciding (at least temporarily) that MdC is my favorite soap overall. I don't think one can go wrong with any of the scents, though Rose and Fougere are my favorites.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I agree that samples make sense. Lucky for me, I like all five scents very much after buying full tubs of each (without trying samples). I increasingly finding myself deciding (at least temporarily) that MdC is my favorite soap overall. I don't think one can go wrong with any of the scents, though Rose and Fougere are my favorites.

Braver than me by far.

Top Bottom