What's new

I made a mistake PIF:

So...there is this relatively new place in town that has straight razor shaving services (yeah their words...I asked if it was a shavette and the girl at the front counter ensured me it was a straight razor...I have my doubts). Anyways, I heard they also had shaving supplies and since there are few places around my neck of the woods that sell shaving supplies I had to go. So I get there and they had a few things from Portland General Store and Mod Cabin. I smelled the Whiskey Aftershave Splash and decided that I like my booze in a glass. Now I like Bay Rum *** and I have smelled others that have a "boozy" scent, but man...the only thing that came to my mind was the line from Animal House, "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." If I went to work with this stuff on, I would immediately have to do a urinalysis. So next I smelled the Mod Cabin Glacier Aftershave Balm. This has a very nice minty scent to it but not too minty. It also has a very clean scent. Since the girl I talked to was very nice, I felt obligated to buy something. So I bought the Balm. Big mistake. I have used it exactly twice and I really don't like it..at all. This is a solid type balm that you rub some in your hand from a tin and then apply it to your face. I am a splash guy or a more liquidy balm (from a bottle or pump). That being said...I am giving this away.

So...I want to get rid of this soon because I will be out of town next week (mostly) and just want to get it on it's way to someone else that might enjoy it. So just say "I'm in!" or something like it and I will pick a random person to send it to. I will close this thing on Tuesday February 9th at 8:00 AM Central Time and announce a winner as soon thereafter as I can. I will promptly ship it out that week. Yes I know...I am neglecting our international partners...sorry CONUS only for the time being. Don't fret my Canadian friends...I have a PIF for you coming up probably in March or April.

I only ask that if the winner doesn't like it either...that he or she passes it along.

From the website:

"Glacier Aftershave Balm packs a hydrating punch, and is scented with all natural essential oils for a light, crisp, refreshing scent. The alcohol-free whipped formula soothes skin and prevents irritation after shaving."

$Mod Cabin ASB.jpg

Laissez les bons temps rouler! It's Mardi Gras, Yo! Go see a parade or eat a King Cake will ya!

Don

Sounds like some cold weather gents would love that stuff. I'm NOT in cuz I'm with you, splashy or nothin.
Good guy, supporting the sale of shaving stuff everywhere

I'm in.

I learned with hand balms, a dab'l do ya - especially if one hand is a bit wet and the other isn't - rub hands together and apply.
If you've got too much water diluting the balm let it air dry a moment and it'll thicken up nicely.

If it doesn't work for me, I'll toss up a review as I offer it in PIF.
Cheers!

Top Bottom