What's new

I just bought GSBs for $11.88 per hundred

This, to me, seems like an absurdly low price, the lowest I've ever seen for GSBs, and it's from a reliable seller with 99.5% positive and 88,000 feedbacks, who I've bought MANY gsbs from over the years. Just a week ago they were $15 - I know, because I bought 200 of them for $15. Now I'm averaging down LOL

Shipped out of New York, usually arrives in a few days well-packaged. Very professional seller.

I'm not sure about the rules on ebay links and such, so if anyone would like me to post the link and/or PM for for the link, go ahead.

Last edited:
As eBay ratings go, 99.5% isn't all that great. I read some of his negative reviews and while none relate to GSBs, I usually stay away from vendors who have the kinds of issues mentioned repeatedly. Glad you like your blades.

As eBay ratings go, 99.5% isn't all that great. I read some of his negative reviews and while none relate to GSBs, I usually stay away from vendors who have the kinds of issues mentioned repeatedly. Glad you like your blades.

To each their own, but I've had nothing but prompt service and legit brand new blades from this seller for a loooooong time. Anyone with 88k feedback is gonna have some negatives.

Mostly the complaints are about Mach 3's and other plastic stuff, and the usual accusations of them being Chinese counterfeits - which is endemic with Mach 3 and the like, even if the seller is trying to sell legit product. I know, because I've got a Mach 3 for lazy days & have gotten some ... odd, suspicious products on eBay for that product line. I see no complaints about DE blades, though I only took a quick scan. The GSBs come on original Gillette cards in mint condition.

As eBay ratings go, 99.5% isn't all that great...
There are always going to be some difficult people out there who will complain even if they have no legitimate grounds. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, and the seller does allow returns if you aren't satisfied. It's a small dollar purchase in any case.

There are always going to be some difficult people out there who will complain even if they have no legitimate grounds. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, and the seller does allow returns if you aren't satisfied. It's a small dollar purchase in any case.

Me too. I will ignore negative reviews that don't seem to have any basis. But I've read these reviews. This isn't just a case of people complaining for the sake of complaining. They have legitimate issues and they are repetitive with lots of people. But that's just me. Don't let me stop you from buying from them.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
This, to me, seems like an absurdly low price, the lowest I've ever seen for GSBs, and it's from a reliable seller with 99.5% positive and 88,000 feedbacks, who I've bought MANY gsbs from over the years. Just a week ago they were $15 - I know, because I bought 200 of them for $15. Now I'm averaging down LOL

Shipped out of New York, usually arrives in a few days well-packaged. Very professional seller.

I'm not sure about the rules on ebay links and such, so if anyone would like me to post the link and/or PM for for the link, go ahead.

If it’s upstate NY, then I likely know that vendor. He runs a legitimate shop, and his stock is legit, too. Family operated. I buy from him through other than ebay. He always loves to throw in a little bonus tuck or something else on a bigger order.

Under 12 cents a blade for GSB is a very good price today. I get mine in the 13-14 cent range delivered. You did well, paisan.

If it’s upstate NY, then I likely know that vendor. He runs a legitimate shop, and his stock is legit, too. Family operated. I buy from him through other than ebay. He always loves to throw in a little bonus tuck or something else on a bigger order.

Under 12 cents a blade for GSB is a very good price today. I get mine in the 13-14 cent range delivered. You did well, paisan.

Not upstate NY.

I was prepared to pay more than this for 100 7 O'clock Yellows. I'd like to have GSBs in the blade drawer as a change of pace. We'll see.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
As eBay ratings go, 99.5% isn't all that great. ...

Huh?

99.5% means one less than positive transaction out of every 200.

That seems pretty good to me.

If OP wants to PM me, I'll be happy to provide further identifiers on the vendor I mentioned upthread.

GSBs are a pleasant-shaving blade for 99.5% of users. ;)

Huh?

99.5% means one less than positive transaction out of every 200.

That seems pretty good to me.

If OP wants to PM me, I'll be happy to provide further identifiers on the vendor I mentioned upthread.

GSBs are a pleasant-shaving blade for 99.5% of users. ;)

I hear you. But the way I see it, I don't like to take chances when it comes to my money and my inconvenience. I might buy a product from someone with a 99.5% positive review rating if I find that the negative reviews seem to be irrelevant or ridiculous, rendering them meaningless. But if they have merit, then I'll steer clear. There are LOTS of vendors with 100% success ratings or even 99.9% or 99.8%. But when you start seeing 99.7% I begin to get cautious and read the reviews very carefully. It's my own assessment of the situation. Like I said to @Atlantic59, don't let me stop you from buying. I'm sure the transaction will go just fine. But my approach is fueled by lots of transactions on Ebay and Etsy and I found that when I diverge from my "formula", bad things happen. That's just me. Call me neurotic. Call me crazy. I call it careful. And careful helps me keep my sanity, what little of it I have anyway.

And as to your last comment, you seem to think that I don't like GSBs. Quite the contrary. They are my favorite blade. Smooth. Sharp. I love them. :pipe:

Ridiculously cheap. I bought them for $13.90 years ago (2017) from this same seller. They are the only GSB I've ever had, but they shave well. It's taking all my will-power not to buy more of them.

OK, I did more of a deep dive into the negative comments. But first I want to say I am not that seller's marketing manager so I don't know why I'm defending them here LOL

The negatives - as @Columbo noted above, amounting to one grousy comment every 200 transactions - are all over the map, no consistent theme. The seller sells a LOT of different stuff. One complaint about an open tube of nail polish, a couple of comments about damaged packaging, a small smattering of the usual and tiresome "This is a Chinese fake!" in regard to Mach 3s and other cartridges (I suspect those people really need to try DE shaving rather than bitching about the poor blade quality of their cartridges), a guy writing in German, a handful complaining about how long delivery took or that the item didn't arrive, and so on. Which is to say, the usual gaggle of eBay complaints, nothing noteworthy as far as I can see. Seller has 21,043 positive feedback and 118 negative in the last six months. I really think questioning a 99.5 % on someone who does tens of thousands of transactions is hard-core! I do realize there are some 99.7's out there, but that's a difference of two complainers per thousand transactions.

Anyway, I stand by the original post. I've ordered from this seller many times. Every transaction has been solid. Authentic DE blades in original Gillette packaging, delivered fast. Usually their prices are "OK", but right now, the GSBs are insanely cheap and that is why I mentioned it in the first place. GSB's cheaper than Yellows, Perma-Sharp Supers, etc - that is a great deal. To me, GSB is an ultra-premium blade that you expect to pay a premium for. At a couple bucks over Astras and the like per hundred, I thought people'd wanna know.

I did order some, OP, so thanks for the heads up. We'll see how it goes, I think it's a great deal. With sabbatical coming up, this is my last chance for awhile.
:laugh:

Ridiculously cheap. I bought them for $13.90 years ago (2017) from this same seller. They are the only GSB I've ever had, but they shave well. It's taking all my will-power not to buy more of them.

On second thought, saving $2.00 doesn't justify me spending $11.80, lol. But great price, nonetheless.

OK, I did more of a deep dive into the negative comments. But first I want to say I am not that seller's marketing manager so I don't know why I'm defending them here LOL

The negatives - as @Columbo noted above, amounting to one grousy comment every 200 transactions - are all over the map, no consistent theme. The seller sells a LOT of different stuff. One complaint about an open tube of nail polish, a couple of comments about damaged packaging, a small smattering of the usual and tiresome "This is a Chinese fake!" in regard to Mach 3s and other cartridges (I suspect those people really need to try DE shaving rather than bitching about the poor blade quality of their cartridges), a guy writing in German, a handful complaining about how long delivery took or that the item didn't arrive, and so on. Which is to say, the usual gaggle of eBay complaints, nothing noteworthy as far as I can see. Seller has 21,043 positive feedback and 118 negative in the last six months. I really think questioning a 99.5 % on someone who does tens of thousands of transactions is hard-core! I do realize there are some 99.7's out there, but that's a difference of two complainers per thousand transactions.

Anyway, I stand by the original post. I've ordered from this seller many times. Every transaction has been solid. Authentic DE blades in original Gillette packaging, delivered fast. Usually their prices are "OK", but right now, the GSBs are insanely cheap and that is why I mentioned it in the first place. GSB's cheaper than Yellows, Perma-Sharp Supers, etc - that is a great deal. To me, GSB is an ultra-premium blade that you expect to pay a premium for. At a couple bucks over Astras and the like per hundred, I thought people'd wanna know.

I read many of the negative comments and there were lots of Mach 3 issues. I agree, those people need to start using a double edge. And I will give you that I did not see one single negative relating to double edge razor blades at all. Fortunately I have about 100 GSB blades in my stock already so I'm not looking at the moment. As to the merits of questioning a 99.5% rating is really up to the individual. Everyone has their own tolerances. But when you've been burned before, it makes you think twice. That said, if I didn't have 100 GSBs already, I probably would pull the trigger on these given how cheap they are.

I bought a hundred from this eBay vendor last January for $15.49. I was suspicious of the blades at first because the printing on the blade was blurred, but they shaved as well as my other, genuine GSBs. Not an endorsement, but if you're feeling lucky. . .

awesome price. can you share the link please

awesome price. can you share the link please

It's so hard to keep track of what the rules are for the different fora I frequent, but whatever, I like to live dangerously, here's the link:

It's so hard to keep track of what the rules are for the different fora I frequent, but whatever, I like to live dangerously, here's the link:

thanks, these look legit.. no worries.
but you have jsut activated my RAD. sooo tempted to get those. unfortunately platinum works better than GSB for me but i like them anyways

Top Bottom