What's new

I just bought GSBs for $11.88 per hundred

Understandable. The Platinum is a very fine blade. For a year or so it was the only blade I used! Nowadays I'm a GSB man.

I bought a hundred from this eBay vendor last January for $15.49. I was suspicious of the blades at first because the printing on the blade was blurred, but they shaved as well as my other, genuine GSBs. Not an endorsement, but if you're feeling lucky. . .

I've had several different ink-printed PPI blades and very few of them ever had really sharp print. They switched to laser etching a few years ago, so anything out there ink-printed is older stock.

Thanks for the heads up and the link. I just purchased 100. My favorite blades are BIC Chrome Platinum, but the few GSB's I've tried were nice, so I decided to add a few more blades to my stash. These look legit, but if I get burned I'm not going to lose sleep over 12 bucks.

I guess I’ll revisit the ones I have. I purchased 100 a few months back for $13.98 form Amazon. Out of all the blades I own I like these least. Maybe a different razor head will get em to sing.

I don't know. I see little reason to even buy the GSB since they shave about the same as the gillette platinum of which I've still got quite a lot left. There really isn't a world of difference between the two.

Not upstate NY.
They are in WOODMERE NEW YORK
Nassau county & they seem to be in
Middle Eastern part of the State. I have
Been purchasing GSB's from that same
Ebay seller since 2015 , when everyone
Else was selling for $26 USD and this
Guy was selling 100 blades for $13.99
I've made 15 purchases of GSB'S for
Me and my younger brother and a couple of hundred for a fellow hobbyist at work
And at the end of the day everything went
And everything was Perfect.

Ridiculously cheap. I bought them for $13.90 years ago (2017) from this same seller. They are the only GSB I've ever had, but they shave well. It's taking all my will-power not to buy more of them.
I am in the same boat !!!
I have a large stash of blades, infact a
Lifetime supply !
And beyond and it's hard to not buy
More at such a bargain price.

I read many of the negative comments and there were lots of Mach 3 issues. I agree, those people need to start using a double edge. And I will give you that I did not see one single negative relating to double edge razor blades at all. Fortunately I have about 100 GSB blades in my stock already so I'm not looking at the moment. As to the merits of questioning a 99.5% rating is really up to the individual. Everyone has their own tolerances. But when you've been burned before, it makes you think twice. That said, if I didn't have 100 GSBs already, I probably would pull the trigger on these given how cheap they are.
Perfect will always be the Enemy of Good ...
To each it's own, YMMV, IT Takes all kinds
And so on...

Thanks for the heads up and the link. I just purchased 100. My favorite blades are BIC Chrome Platinum, but the few GSB's I've tried were nice, so I decided to add a few more blades to my stash. These look legit, but if I get burned I'm not going to lose sleep over 12 bucks.
Both Ebay and PayPal Strenuously stand
Behind their Guarantee. Getting Burned
Is very very unlikely.

They are in WOODMERE NEW YORK
Nassau county & they seem to be in
Middle Eastern part of the State. I have
Been purchasing GSB's from that same
Ebay seller since 2015 , when everyone
Else was selling for $26 USD and this
Guy was selling 100 blades for $13.99
I've made 15 purchases of GSB'S for
Me and my younger brother and a couple of hundred for a fellow hobbyist at work
And at the end of the day everything went
And everything was Perfect.

Woodmere in Nassau County is on Long Island. Thats not the middle eastern part of the state. Great price on the blades though.

Printing looks good on mine.
20191212_115359.jpg

I actually grew up around 5-6 miles from Woodmere on Long Island, in Franklin Square (went to same high school as Sean Hannity, 2 yrs behind him). This part of Nassau County is mostly working/middle class neighborhoods and a lot of small businesses. Woodmere is very close to JFK Airport. There's actually nothing remarkable or notable about Woodmere, other than that it isn't Morocco so it doesn't take a month to get blades LOL

I actually grew up around 5-6 miles from Woodmere on Long Island, in Franklin Square (went to same high school as Sean Hannity, 2 yrs behind him). This part of Nassau County is mostly working/middle class neighborhoods and a lot of small businesses. Woodmere is very close to JFK Airport. There's actually nothing remarkable or notable about Woodmere, other than that it isn't Morocco so it doesn't take a month to get blades LOL

I too grew up not too far from there. Rockville Centre. My parents bought our house in 1969 and sold it over 40 years later. I was 7 when we moved there. As a teen in the mid 70's you could get into Manhattan driving in 20 minutes. Totally impossible now. But it was nice being so close to Jones Beach and Manhattan. And if you wanted the mountains, only a 4 hour drive to complete and total isolation in the Adirondacks. Not a bad place to grow up. Good memories.

Top Bottom