What's new

I am Gem clueless help me out

I am not familiar with Gems at all but this came my way for what i think was a decent price so i grabbed it up. Is there anyway to date these? What do i have here? Excuse the lower right corner of the pics, i dropped my camera.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I really like that wooden case! Nice find!! I don't think that there is any way to date these single edge razors very precisely. They usually are just identified by the patent date.

I really like that wooden case! Nice find!! I don't think that there is any way to date these single edge razors very precisely. They usually are just identified by the patent date.

Well unfortunately for me this one only says patent applied for.

Somebody will be around shortly that can provide more information, but I think that the Patent Applied For note is either a 1914 or 1924 model.

that's a 1924 model Everready, since it's a PAF, it would seem easier to date in the that respect. i'd say it's from late 1923-early '24

Thanks for the info. Other than the plating loss on the head (someone used this one a lot) this thing is in excellent shape. I am having a good week, my unused but slightly corroded TV special with case and original blade pack cleaned up nicely and this came to be in my possesion.

Take that for a test drive... a awesome shaver and it's always best to have the water off so you can hear the razor "sing"

Oh, and get a Gem style blade for it; the Valet blade's intended for an Autostrop razor.

- Chris

Interestingly enough there is a grocery store down the road that sells gem blades and another brand of single edges as well as injectors. But they don't have any DE blades

Top Bottom