What's new

HUGE News--Proraso at Target!!

The Target in San Marcos, Texas has the shave cream tube, soap, pre-shave, & aftershave liquid cream. It is located in a small shaving section in the cosmetics aisles. The Target on Mopac & Ben White in Austin, Texas also has the same.

Kyle said:
The Target in San Marcos, Texas has the shave cream tube, soap, pre-shave, & aftershave liquid cream. It is located in a small shaving section in the cosmetics aisles. The Target on Mopac & Ben White in Austin, Texas also has the same.
Howdy Kyle,
And they said San Marcos wasn't in the competition for shaving mecca of Central Texas!:001_smile Our Main St. and 24th Ave N.W. store in Norman has a similar stock. They were out of Proraso shaving foam, but also had the Proraso Professional Shaving brush for $12.99 + tax. There is another, pricier line of Italian-made mens shaving gear too, but I was unfamiliar with the name which I promptly forgot as their shaving cream appeared to be brushless.:thumbdown

guenron said:
There is another, pricier line of Italian-made mens shaving gear too, but I was unfamiliar with the name which I promptly forgot as their shaving cream appeared to be brushless.:thumbdown
Caldo. They had a Mach3 clone/badger brush/stand "gift" combo for $35...but, as you said, their shaving cream/gel was brushless?! :blink:

--Mark

mantic said:
Caldo. They had a Mach3 clone/badger brush/stand "gift" combo for $35...but, as you said, their shaving cream/gel was brushless?! :blink:

--Mark
That's it! Yup, brushless.. What was the name again?:wink1:
They had a gift box of the shave cream, asb, and moisturizer for $39.99 (Hah, not $40. mind you!) I almost bought it until I realized it was brushless..:thumbdown

rtaylor61 said:
Target in Midvale, Utah, at their Ft. Union location was nicely stocked. Proraso Shaving Soap, Pre-Shave Balm, After Shave and canned Goo. I wanted the A/S splash. I was at a SuperCenter. Has anyone found any of the Prorarso products at a regular Target?

Randy

Randy, thanks again for the instructions where to find this stuff, since nobody at Target seemed to know where it was. Went back tonight and bought shave cream, pre-shave, and the last bottle of After Shave.

Martin

I checked the Atlantic Ave. Target in Brooklyn a few days ago to no avail, but that was before I saw the posts about the spa/fragrance aisle. It looks like Target is starting up an upper-end shaving section. They have Proraso soap, green tube cream, pre/post cream, canned cream, and A/S liquid cream. They also have a brand called Caldo, with a line of shaving products, including a razor-brush-stand set. I think Caldo is a house brand ("Distributed by Target" labels on the bottom). I didn't get any of their creams and such, since they all contained alcohol.

I picked up the set though. The brush is on the low end of so-so; not very dense, with kind of stringy bristles, but the handle looks nice. The razor takes Mach3's and has a matching handle, but the head screws out, so I'm hoping I might be able to find a DE head to replace it. The stand is chrome.

Really, I was just happy to see something other than just Gillette/Schick/Bic in a discount store. Go Target!

guenron said:
Howdy Kyle,
And they said San Marcos wasn't in the competition for shaving mecca of Central Texas!

Hey Ron,

We still travel by horse and buggy, but there are a few of us who have started to shave with our weekly baths.

I too saw the other Italian brand cream while picking up the full line of Proraso products as a gift for my dad (he will be traveling down from the Sooner state to pay me a visit next week). I almost bought some but decided to wait as I'm only a couple of shaves into my own new Proraso stock.

SofaKing said:
Randy, thanks again for the instructions where to find this stuff, since nobody at Target seemed to know where it was. Went back tonight and bought shave cream, pre-shave, and the last bottle of After Shave.

Martin

Martin,

Glad to help. I really wish they were stocking the After Shave Splash!

Randy

Kyle said:
Hey Ron,

We still travel by horse and buggy, but there are a few of us who have started to shave with our weekly baths.

I too saw the other Italian brand cream while picking up the full line of Proraso products as a gift for my dad (he will be traveling down from the Sooner state to pay me a visit next week). I almost bought some but decided to wait as I'm only a couple of shaves into my own new Proraso stock.
Many years ago when SWMBO and I lived in San Antonio, we traveled to Aquarena Springs for some amusement. One thing stuck in my mind, $1.05. Everytime you turned around you had to pay $1.05 for something or other. So, I can see why horse and buggy may be more popular. I had to pay $1.00 for parking my motorcycle + .05 state sales tax (That was about 30 years ago when a dollar made more cents). Do they getcha' at the hitchin' rack?:ihih:
What is really surprising is, that with the proximity of San Marcos to Austin and thereby a certain retailer who shall remain unamed, that Target was permitted to even market wet shaving shaving products..:lol:

guenron said:
What is really surprising is, that with the proximity of San Marcos to Austin and thereby a certain retailer who shall remain unamed, that Target was permitted to even market wet shaving shaving products..:lol:

Interestingly enough, two weeks before Target began carrying the Proraso products, I was in the gentleman's store and he spoke very poorly of the Proraso line (among others). I don't, however, hold any grudges. He has his opinion and I have mine. I have made a few purchases from him and during my last visit he was kind enough to give me a free pack of Derby's (which are now my favorite blades).

Guys, I think I saw the new formation of Proraso in one of our drugstores here in Montreal. Both the tube and the bowl are darker green. And the labelling is a bit different. Apparently, the product is still the same great quality.

Jeff

IT HAS LANDED IN MICHIGAN!!! I SEEN IT IN FLINT AREA AND COMMERCE TWP. STORE. the best thing about it is if they don't sell any it will be on the end cap clearance for $1.99 a tube. ERIC

Picked up mine in Cincinnati at the Target that is in the most out of the way part of town so it must be in all of them. They displayed green cream, aftershave, preshave, brushes, etc. Can't wait until tomorrow to give it a whirl.

No sighting yet again in the Hudson Valley, NY. It does look like they are revamping the "spa" area, so perhaps there is hope.

Actually, I don't care for mentholated products, but it would be nice to have local stores carrying this sort of stuff anyway.

It's here in SacTown California...went in with the wife and kids and saw it in their high-end/spa section. Pretty much like everywhere else though, no A/S Splash. They had the tube, the pre/post, A/S Balm, tub cream and the Proraso/Omega silver brush. Not bad for a Target. Picked up the pre/post and a tube and can not wait to give them try!

-Pary

Gents,

Proraso has made it here to hagerspatch,err,hagerstown,md. I love the scent of the cream, and the size and heft of the brush. However, the SMELL :eek: was about all I could bear. I bet I know where on the boar they harvest the hairs.

It's been about a week and after 2 soakings with classicshaving brush cleaner. the "stench" is gone. :thumbup1:

I find myself using the boar rather than my silvertip- either way, i continue to get that bbs shave(vision, israeli blades, and soap from st charles shave).

enjoying my visit to this site.

marty

Marty,

Welcome to B&B. I recognize your name from The Wetshavers Group. Make yourself at home, and please, feel free to participate. Also, please stop by the Hall of Fame and give us an intro!

Randy

htownmmm said:
However, the SMELL :eek: was about all I could bear. I bet I know where on the boar they harvest the hairs.
Hahaaaaa! :lol:

Welcome aboard Marty! (And thanks for the chuckle).

-Nick

Marty,

Where did you find the Proraso? I checked target in the shave ailse and didn't find a thing.

Thanks,
Ron
Smithsburg, MD

htownmmm said:
Gents,

Proraso has made it here to hagerspatch,err,hagerstown,md. I love the scent of the cream, and the size and heft of the brush. However, the SMELL :eek: was about all I could bear. I bet I know where on the boar they harvest the hairs.

It's been about a week and after 2 soakings with classicshaving brush cleaner. the "stench" is gone. :thumbup1:

I find myself using the boar rather than my silvertip- either way, i continue to get that bbs shave(vision, israeli blades, and soap from st charles shave).

enjoying my visit to this site.

marty

Top Bottom