What's new

Mr Bingle Presents: Reindeer&Sleigh Ver.3

Here are the contents of the vintage Pinaud gift box. I am a grateful Chosen one. My Bingle Buddy must have dug up my VEG posts in the distant past, and maybe even my VEG haiku posts. I really enjoy modern VEG, but there is something very special about the vintage formula in the glass container. It just smells better, somehow.

Vintage Lilac Vegetal Cologne
attachment.php

An unused vintage bar of Lilac Vegetal soap. Notice the debossed logo in excellent condition.
attachment.php

A vintage tube of Lilac Vegetal talc.
attachment.php

An unused container of vintage Lilac Vegetal brilliantine.
attachment.php

The talc, the soap, and the brilliantine have no discernable scent that remains, so they will be for display. The cologne still smells just as I remember as a child in the barbershop, so I will be using it. There are two ways you can go with the cologne: use it, or display it for fear it will never be found again. I am of a mind to use and enjoy it.

Attachments

• $IMG_20170102_113633.jpg
    $IMG_20170102_113633.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 94
  • $IMG_20170102_113249.jpg
    $IMG_20170102_113249.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 188
  • $IMG_20170102_113422.jpg
    $IMG_20170102_113422.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 188
  • $IMG_20170102_113351.jpg
    $IMG_20170102_113351.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 182
  • $IMG_20170102_113334.jpg
    $IMG_20170102_113334.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 190
Oh WOW! That is a great gift. Once the current contents are nearing their end you can add fresh Veg to the bottle and let the two mix. Keep doing that each time the bottle reaches the lower quarter and you will always have Veg with at least some small amount of vintage goodness still remaining. Found a couple old bottles with but mere drops remaining and I swear those drops improved the new stuff I decanted into those bottles.
Merry Christmas!

[MENTION=80916]bach_rocks[/MENTION] glad you're enjoying your gift! Hope the Lilac Vegetal didn't leak inside of the box. I did see several posts including one where you said you used the vintage juice sparingly so I thought you could be a little more liberal with it if you had some more.

The brush is a TGN finest fan 24mm (which I find to be a nice all around knot, for backbone, scrub and soft tips) in an aluminum handle I turned. I hope it's not too large or bulky for your liking. I realize some people may not like the unusual design, but I liked it enough I made one for myself.
$20161125_144829.jpg
It's turned down hex stock and I tried to do a brushed finish on yours which was tricky as the typical method sanded down the flats making it just round so I had to experiment with a wire brush and scotch brite.

I've done polished aluminum but without coating it somehow with clear or anodizing it will oxidize quickly. Mine is sand blasted and it seems to be doing allright. I put a Whipped dog high mountain in mine.
I thought about a piano related gift but no idea what you already had and it's out of my element. If it had been guitars I'd of been all over it... anyway hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Last edited:
Here are details of the brush from my Bingle Buddy. It is truly outstanding. The size is extravagant. This is not a dainty brush. I love big brushes, because my hands are quite large. I believe the brush is handcrafted. The hair is very densely packed, and is very soft. The handle seems to be made of aluminum and has quite a bit of heft, though it is not overly heavy. It is quite an agreeable weight and feel in my hand. Here are some pictures:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• $IMG_20170102_113854.jpg
    $IMG_20170102_113854.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 178
  • $IMG_20170102_113825.jpg
    $IMG_20170102_113825.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 181
  • $IMG_20170102_113816.jpg
    $IMG_20170102_113816.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 178
  • $IMG_20170102_113803.jpg
    $IMG_20170102_113803.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Here are details of the brush from my Bingle Buddy. It is truly outstanding. The size is extravagant. This is not a dainty brush. I love big brushes, because my hands are quite large. I believe the brush is handcrafted. The hair is very densely packed, and is very soft. I believe it is super grade. The handle seems to be made of aluminum and has quite a bit of heft, though it is not overly heavy. It is quite an agreeable weight and feel in my hand. Here are some pictures:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh ya, I lathered it and let it soak one time to try to reduce badger funk. I used B&M Latha Taiga which smells just like a spruce tree. I'd be impressed if it retained that Christmas-y scent. :santa:

[MENTION=110569]Catalinbread[/MENTION],

I feel like I would be remiss if I did not express publicly how moved I am by your deeply personal gift. I know that it took more than a minute to make the brush and to obtain the Pinaud and the Cella.

I tried the Cella a couple of years ago in a shaving soap pass-around box, and I loved it. I just have never gotten around to getting any for myself. Thank you.

As for the Pinaud, I have long been a Chosen One. The fact that it reminds me of my grandfather is definitely a plus, not a minus. He was a real gentleman. He even wore hats long after men stopped wearing them. Some people think the scent is too "Old Man", but not me. I think the scent is more "well-put-together gentleman". I feel a VEG haiku coming on!

What can I say about the brush? There are hardly words to describe what it feels like to have someone go to the effort of making something just for me. Everything about it is perfect: the size, the density, the hair, the materials, the design, the heft. I can hardly wait to try it out.

I hope the new year brings peace, prosperity, and good health to you and your family.

Warm regards,

Last edited:
[MENTION=110569]Catalinbread[/MENTION],

Christmas-y scent maintained. No badger funk at all remains.

Warm regards,

I am not chosen. But I did give that vintage bottle a sniff and it has a much mellower and more natural lilac scent to me than the modern stuff to my nose, and I could see myself using it. Though I've never decanted modern Veg into glass as I've been told that helps.

Edit: Meant to reply to other post. Oh well. :tongue_sm

Gentlefolk,

Please accept my apologies for not being more punctual in expressing my appreciation for my wonderful Christmas gift. As many of you know, my family has just embarked on a cross-country move, though half the family (the pretty half... wife and daughter) are still back "home." As such, my gift was sent to New Orleans, and I had to drive 13 hours with my son just to have it stare me in the face for 4 days! Then, we had a bit of a whirlwind tour with the family, a 10 hour drive to Universal Studios, and another 13 hour drive back to Missouri. Nevertheless, I'm finally back home, and can take the time to express my heartfelt thanks to my (still mysterious) Bingle Buddy!

$IMG_20161225_194533.jpg

I'm pretty sure my Bingle Buddy's stalker level is above Expert. Sometime last year, I posted about losing my favorite pen, an Esterbrook J, to the washing machine and dryer monsters. So what did my buddy do? Why, he sent me TWO Esties!! They've been inked up, and have already served me well now that I'm back at work!

In addition to the pens, my buddy also sent an awesomely tiny CO2 bike pump with a nice little patch kit. Perhaps he read about my first on-the-road flat I posted about last year, where I was only able to repair thanks to the kindness of passing strangers! Now I'll be able to be a kindly passing stranger able to offer someone some help!

Finally, I'll be able to see what Cremo is all about! I see it in the store frequently, but have never been able to convince myself to pull the trigger. And with plenty of cross-country travel in my immediate future, this should serve me well!

The Hogwarts shirt and Hufflepuff pen were not gifts from my Bingle Buddy, but were for our Universal trip to celebrate my son's birthday last week. They were just too cool to leave out of the picture. Same with the Monopoly socks... which I happen to be wearing today.

Thank you so much, Bingle Buddy!! I think I have an inkling who you may be... as I'm fairly certain [MENTION=78310]hudson_macbeth[/MENTION] is the only participant with West Virginia listed as their location.

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year!

Gentlefolk,

Please accept my apologies for not being more punctual in expressing my appreciation for my wonderful Christmas gift. As many of you know, my family has just embarked on a cross-country move, though half the family (the pretty half... wife and daughter) are still back "home." As such, my gift was sent to New Orleans, and I had to drive 13 hours with my son just to have it stare me in the face for 4 days! Then, we had a bit of a whirlwind tour with the family, a 10 hour drive to Universal Studios, and another 13 hour drive back to Missouri. Nevertheless, I'm finally back home, and can take the time to express my heartfelt thanks to my (still mysterious) Bingle Buddy!

View attachment 713825

I'm pretty sure my Bingle Buddy's stalker level is above Expert. Sometime last year, I posted about losing my favorite pen, an Esterbrook J, to the washing machine and dryer monsters. So what did my buddy do? Why, he sent me TWO Esties!! They've been inked up, and have already served me well now that I'm back at work!

In addition to the pens, my buddy also sent an awesomely tiny CO2 bike pump with a nice little patch kit. Perhaps he read about my first on-the-road flat I posted about last year, where I was only able to repair thanks to the kindness of passing strangers! Now I'll be able to be a kindly passing stranger able to offer someone some help!

Finally, I'll be able to see what Cremo is all about! I see it in the store frequently, but have never been able to convince myself to pull the trigger. And with plenty of cross-country travel in my immediate future, this should serve me well!

The Hogwarts shirt and Hufflepuff pen were not gifts from my Bingle Buddy, but were for our Universal trip to celebrate my son's birthday last week. They were just too cool to leave out of the picture. Same with the Monopoly socks... which I happen to be wearing today.

Thank you so much, Bingle Buddy!! I think I have an inkling who you may be... as I'm fairly certain [MENTION=78310]hudson_macbeth[/MENTION] is the only participant with West Virginia listed as their location.

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year!
Great guess, Jessie! I'm glad you like the gifts. I was a bit afraid of sending the Esties, because I didn't know if you'd gotten your favorite one fixed, but then I thought, who doesn't need more pens, right?

Great guess, Jessie! I'm glad you like the gifts. I was a bit afraid of sending the Esties, because I didn't know if you'd gotten your favorite one fixed, but then I thought, who doesn't need more pens, right?

Exactly right!! The pen itself is still in good shape, so now I've got 3 pens with two nibs to swap around! That's like 6 pens, right!?

Are we all present and accounted for?

Congratulations to all participants, and thank you to the organizers. This was fun!

The mods have informed me that the mystery of my missing Bingle Box has been explored as far as they could manage.
I thank them again for their efforts -- though I'm still holding out hope that the box may yet make an appearance.
The gift certificate is nice compensation, though the fun of opening the package and seeing what my buddy had in mind would have been extra nice.

hey jessy, those pens writing ok?
Man! I'm loving them! I committed to writing more this year, and I've already had to refill one of them. [emoji106]

Now I just need spring to come so I can put this tire kit to work... Of course, hoping that I won't need to put it to work. [emoji3]

Thanks again for the wonderfully thoughtful gifts!

Top Bottom