What's new

HUGE News--Proraso at Target!!

rstrawsb said:
Marty,

Where did you find the Proraso? I checked target in the shave ailse and didn't find a thing.

Thanks,
Ron
Smithsburg, MD

Ron,

Check in the high-end spa section, away from the manly shaving stuff and more towards the lipstick. At least that is where I found it in California.

-Pary

Ron,

it's not in the shave aisle-you have to go up front where the women's make up is located and its 1 aisle over from there.

in fact, they have it in a so- called spa section;easy to miss, but it's there.:biggrin:

marty

Ron,
Ditto on the above statements. We have Proraso here in Baton Rouge as well. But the Higher end shave stuff was no where near the gillette section. As a matter of fact it was right next to some feminine products. Go figure:confused:

I am not really sure how to use a shaving cream in a tube apparently. I tried putting a dab in a bowl and swirling, but it looked like a soap lather. I resorted to putting it on the brush and lathering on my face. Seems like the stuff needs more cream for the same amount of lather in british stuff. But that's ok because it's less than half the price.

At the Target here in Madison, WI they had the cream, pre/post, and one other item.

I found Proraso soap, cream in a tube, brushes, pre and post shave cream, and shaving balm at my local Target, in the "luxury" section of the, .men's cosmetics department, not in the mens shaving isle. The prices were below those online.

Yessir,

I stocked up over the weekend. The "soap" (which is really a dense cream) was in a smaller "disk" and does not contain lanolin like the products that are currently on my shelves. The tube cream is the same size we all know and love, but again, lanolin was not listed on the ingredients. I'm sure it will shave just fine, but I haven't tried it as of yet.

The pre/post is the same (formulation) as is the A/S cream. Prices were excellent!

$7.95 for the pre/post plus and additional 10% off that! :thumbup:

Finally found Proraso products at a Target near my neck of the woods at 14 mile and John R in Madison Heights Michigan. I bought the shave soap $3.99 and the shave cream in a tube for $5.99. The pre-post shave is $7.99-the cheapest I've seen so far. The packaging is s slightly darker green compared to the kelly green we are used to with Proraso.

It finally showed up in my area - cream, soap, pre/post, canned foam, and brush. No sign of the aftershave balm or splash. Personally, I am not a huge methol fan, but I picked up some stuff to support the idea of carrying quality shaving goods.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Personally, I can't stand the menthol scent, but I've been using the pre/post a lot lately. Maybe I'm just proud to have (semi) mastered its rather difficult application learning curve, or perhaps I'm just getting used to the scent. I also enjoy the crema liquida, as the scent of that product is the most benign of their product line.

I like the menthol scent just fine, but the Proraso cooling effect has been one of the big revelations for me--I love the stuff! :w00t:

I finally got my fanny over to my local Target (Birmingham, AL, along Rte. 280, and yes, it was in the cosmetics section) and picked up some Pre/Post and Crema Liquida for experimentation tomorrow. :biggrin:

-Rich

PoshRichM said:
I like the menthol scent just fine, but the Proraso cooling effect has been one of the big revelations for me--I love the stuff! :w00t:

I finally got my fanny over to my local Target (Birmingham, AL, along Rte. 280, and yes, it was in the cosmetics section) and picked up some Pre/Post and Crema Liquida for experimentation tomorrow. :biggrin:

-Rich

Like you, Rich, I am a fan of the cooling/tingle effect. If you haven't tried it yet, Tom's of Maine Refreshing Mint Shave cream is a very interesting and tingly product. It also pairs very well with Proraso's pre/post.

Top Bottom