Greetings from the North Pole Boys and Girls!Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Mr. Bingle. Maybe you’ve heard of me? For those who haven’t, let me tell you about myself:
|​||When Santa left his shop one day,|
he found a snowman near his sleigh.
"You'll be my helper now" he said,
and tapped the little fellow's head.
The snowman found that he could talk;
"look Santa, I can even walk!
And then he gave a little sigh...
"Oh, how I wish I could fly!"
So Santa gave him holly wings;
then looking through his Christmas things,
found ornaments the very size
to make a pair of shining eyes.
Then Santa said, "You need a hat;
an ice cream cone's just right for that.
And keep this candy cane with you;
you'll see what magic it can do!"
The snowman laughed and sang a jingle,
so Santa named him "Mr. Bingle"
That's how it happened.
Now he's here for us to enjoy throughout the year!
Dane (fordfather) and John (iamatabor) asked me to visit Badger and Blade this year and invite all you fellows to join in the spirit of giving this Christmas season. Their wish this year, was that all the gentlemen (and gentle ladies too) would participate in a super-secret gift exchange! Santa’s been watching, and thinks you have all been very good. He even got his own Check-6 badge in March, and he’s really proud of all the money you raised in honor of his dear friend Sue Moore!
So, in that spirit of generosity and camaraderie, I’d like to pair each of you up with a super-duper-secret special friend, for whom you can buy a super-duper-secret special gift! When you find out with whom you have been paired, there’s no telling! Now, you may be thinking, “Mr. Bingle, what if I don’t know my secret pal? What shall I give him or her?” Well, I’m glad you asked. When you send me a private message to sign up, you can give me a wish list. I’m only asking that you spend at least $15 USD on a gift, but I know how you guys get a little carried away. Don’t be ashamed to ask for anything! The more you wish for, the more your new friend can get to know you. You can also find their posts around the forum, find out which subforums they like best, inquire with their friends, and generally be really sneaky (in the nicest way possible, of course)! Now, you can spend as much as you want to on your secret pal, but remember, you may only receive a gift worth $15… and that’s ok! It’s better to give than to receive any way! Right?
I know what else you’re thinking (Because Mr. Bingle is one smart snowman!) “But Mr. Bingle, I live in Rumplestiltskintonland, and none of the good stuff ever comes here because we can’t spell CONUS!” Well, my dear Rumplestiltskintonlandian, I have great news for you! Because I’m asking Dane and John to open this exchange up to the whole wide world! Santa travels the whole world each year, so why can’t we! Now, there may be some of you for whom shipping internationally means you can’t participate. Santa wants EVERYONE to be able to take part, so when you sign up, just let me know if you’re able to ship outside of your country. Of course, we all know that it’s pretty impossible to ship aftershaves containing alcohol outside of most countries… so don’t even try!
You’ll have until November 16[SUP]th[/SUP] to send me a private message with your sign up information. We’ll need some special information from you though. Please be sure that I won’t share your personal details with ANYONE other than your Name and Address with your secret pal.
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address (and any restrictions or special instructions for getting packages)
- Phone Number (in case we need to communicate)
- Email address
- Regional Pairing Preference (are you willing to ship outside of your country?)
- Acknowledgement of rules!
- A Wish List that will help Mr. Bingle and your partner get to know you better.
Failure to provide basic contact information will mean you could be left off the list, so make sure you get it all to me by November 16[SUP]th[/SUP] so I can put it all in Santa’s super-mega-secret-pal-matcher-upper!
One last thing… There’s some fine print at the bottom. It’s all pretty important stuff like rules and such. It’s so important that if you don’t read it, Santa won’t let you sign up! Just let me know in your message that you’ve read and understood them! Thanks!
- Participants must have at least 50 quality posts and at least 45 days of active Badger & Blade membership. Anyone not fitting those criteria at the sign-up deadline will not be allowed to participate. These are the same requirements for creating posts in the BST Forum.
- The gift exchange will be open to members from ANYWHERE in the world! Understand that you may be paired with a member outside of your own country. If you will not be able to afford high shipping costs, please indicate your preference to be paired only with someone from your own country/region.
- The minimum dollar amount, excluding shipping, is $15 USD. You may spend more if you like, but keep in mind you may only receive a gift valued at $15 USD.
- Keep your secret pal secret!
- In the spirit of festivity, feel free to wrap your recipient’s present in seasonal attire! Glitter and ribbons are entirely appropriate!
- All inter-country gifts should be shipped with TRACKING numbers. International gifts do not require tracking numbers, but do require proof of shipping, i.e. a picture of shipping receipt with destination address and customs numbers. All shipping information must be provided to Mr. Bingle so he can communicate with Santa to ensure all good girls and boys have their toys!
- Please do NOT sell any gifts you receive. Your partner will have worked really hard to find you something you’ll really like. Maybe it doesn’t work out as much as you had hoped, and that’s ok. Feel free to post it for trade or pay it forward to someone, just mention that it’s something you received in the Reindeer & Sleigh gift exchange… cause that’s the gentlemanly thing to do.
- The exchange of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms/Ammunition are expressly prohibited in this gift exchange. Accessories related to these hobbies are acceptable, however.
Sign up & Shipping Dates
- Latest Date to Sign Up: Sunday, November 16th 2014, Midnight EST
- Secret Santa names given via PM: Tuesday, November 18th 2014
- Latest Date for Gift Purchase: Shipment Day
- Latest Date for Shipment: Friday, December 12th 2014 (For those shipping internationally, please make every effort to ship your items earlier than the 12[SUP]th[/SUP])
- Opening Day: Christmas Morning 2014
These dates are solid and there will be no extensions. Christmas shipping gets very backed up and notoriously delayed. On top of that, there are B&B members from all over the world. We want to make certain their gifts are there under their trees to open on Christmas morning.
If you have questions, feel free to private message Me, Santa's Helper. Dane (fordfather) and John (iamatabor) can also be contacted, since they're officially Santa's Helper's Helpers!
Last edited by a moderator: