What's new

How to modify modern blades for gibbs razors?

Dear all,

someone of you could explain me how to modify a modern blade to use it with a gibbs 15 adj?

Thanks,

Andy

$12. EK Success 1/8" heavy duty circle punch, Amazon. Don't be a cheapskate and punch the blades by forcing the head closed. Unlike some punches this is designed to cut thin metals.

proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have two methods. One is to use the hole punch posted above but you have to make sure to mark the spot so it’s dead even or your blade will sit crooked and it will effect the shave. Or you can take some cheap scissors and measure the space between the two ends where the blade sits and just cut off a little at both ends evenly. I measured mine and once cut perfect I use that as the template for all the others. Also when putting this modified blade in right before you tighten it up adjust it with your fingernail.

Either way works. Hope that helped.
Great shaves ahead for you. The Gibbs is just simply one of the best adjustable razors there is and my personal favorite.

Enjoy it and let us know how the shave goes.

heavy duty punch chisel is one way but is hard to get constant results, cutting the edges of the blades with scissors is super fast and immediate results. I bought the punch chisel for nothing.... idiot

heavy duty punch chisel is one way but is hard to get constant results, cutting the edges of the blades with scissors is super fast and immediate results. I bought the punch chisel for nothing.... idiot
I have no problem with the punch. Your punch may vary as they say.

$12. EK Success 1/8" heavy duty circle punch, Amazon. Don't be a cheapskate and punch the blades by forcing the head closed. Unlike some punches this is designed to cut thin metals.

proxy.php

+1 as I use the same tool for my Gibbs razors and it works great for me.

I have no problem with the punch. Your punch may vary as they say.

I have the exact same punch as yours, if by any chance you over do the gauging you can snap the blade, also when using the punch chisel it bends the blade, not a big deal but it does. The one thing that gets me even if I'm 1/16" off center when opening the hole with the punch chisel it equals in misaligned blade. Once I watched some French guy video it was a night and day difference than using the punch chisel and I'm using regular kitchen scissors.

I looked all over youtube and cant find that video, its literally 10 seconds long. Anyways the punch chisel cost me $8 anyways...

I have the exact same punch as yours, if by any chance you over do the gauging you can snap the blade, also when using the punch chisel it bends the blade, not a big deal but it does. The one thing that gets me even if I'm 1/16" off center when opening the hole with the punch chisel it equals in misaligned blade. Once I watched some French guy video it was a night and day difference than using the punch chisel and I'm using regular kitchen scissors.

I looked all over youtube and cant find that video, its literally 10 seconds long. Anyways the punch chisel cost me $8 anyways...
I've screwed up a few times but generally I don't have problems with the punch, the square viewer on the underside of the punch allows for pretty accurate vertical alignment, and the width of the punch is pretty close to a blade width allowing for horizontal alignment , but I'll try the snip and see if I like it better, whatever works.

Last edited:
I've screwed up a few times but generally I don't have problems with the punch, the square viewer on the underside of the punch allows for pretty accurate vertical alignment, and the width of the punch is pretty close to a blade width allowing for horizontal alignment , but I'll try the snip and see if I like it better, whatever works.

Give it a try, takes 5 seconds to trim a blade on both side with scissors

That was a quick slick click on the blade. What tool is it?
Looks like a knibbler used to cut metal sheets. You can get cheap version on Amazon around 10$
What gap width is needed for Gibbs blades? e.g. Knipex metal sheet knibbler has 2.7mm cutting width

Top Bottom