What's new

How To Encourage Others To Try Ditching The Multi Cartridge??

It's a difficult sell, telling people that blades are cheaper than cartridges only gets you so far. I've only returned to double edge shaving in the last year but I've spent more money than if I'd bought cartridges for the rest of my life lol!
True for some , but there is a difference from shaving as a hobby and shaving as a non hobby. So shaving money is possible. I personally use my farthers 1954 SS and reasonably priced brush soap and creams.My expenses are next to nothing. I still enjoy shaving without breaking the bank. Don’t get me wrong , all I’m saying is the choice is an individual matter.

However, I CAN covert someone from canned shaving foam to SOAP and BRUSH!!

Simple! Preach "Save Money!" Give him a sample brush and sample soap!
Always works!!

Interesting you are convincing them to save money by buying something MORE expensive (brush and soaps) than a two dollar can of shaving foam that easily lasts eight months of daily shaving :302:

I got my boys and nephews started at a young age, just before the peach fuzz started to turn to beard. Each now enjoys a DE or SE shave each morning. My motto? Start them young, before they start on Carts.

The foam was working for them, wasn't it?

However my approach is very different. I provide them with a brush, soap, and mug (either loan or gift) so they can try it for themselves. True, not all convert, but something north of 50% do.

The point is that cartridge shaving also benefits from slicker soap.

I don't. Proper shaving is whatever works for you.
True.... however the OP is those people have NEVER EVER tried to know if it works for them or not. Basically they have been watching P&G commercials and assume:
- it will be too sharp
- it takes too long
- i will cut myself
- a plastic disposable / cartridge is better for your skin
- you don't know where the edges of the blade are

Top Bottom