What's new

How often razor change

Since acquiring a #16 from Poonjanji, I rarely reach for any other razor...Though I am currently enjoying the Barbasol "Potato Peeler" (my name for it..no idea if there is an actual model name:w00t:) but I always have 2-3 close by....just a "mood" thing for me.:001_smile

My go to is my Merkur 38C Barberpole. When I go for more than a day without a shave, I reach for my Merkur 39C Slant. When I need a quick DFS, I reach for my Gillette Super Speed. When I want to go retro, I grab my Gillette Slim.

...And when I reach for my Gillette Fat Boy, I am caught wondering if my Slim really shaves me better than the F Boy, and why there is so much hoopla over the Boy; for me, anyway, the Fat Boy is one off from the Slim.

Of course, YMMV.

I change razors every day. I like the variety and every shave is a little different. I have about 12 in my rotation now. In the last week I've used a Bulldog, Rocket HD, '48-'50 Aristocrat, Toggle, Old Type ball end, Super Adjustable and a '58 Super Speed. It's really a lot of fun.

Len

With a blade change. I have limited room in my bathroom, so only one razor can be out on the shelf at a time.

I usually use a merkur 38c , sometimes I use my fatboy , but it does not shave nealy as well as my 38c

Some weeks I'll change day-to-day, other I'll only use one or two razors. Last week, I used my Brit #66 every day, then took Saturday off. Yesterday, I used my '47 Superspeed, and today I used an Aristocrat Jr. I've got an Edwin Jagger DE89L coming probably today or tomorrow, so you know it'll get pressed into service immediately.:001_smile

Every couple of weeks I may use one of my other 6 because I bought them and don't want to feel like I wasted my money, but I prefer my SS.

I change pretty much every day. But in the last week, I was doing a blade comparison (a Shark and a Derby). So I used each razor for 2 days. A 1918 Bulldog, '56 Red Tip, a 1911 Single Ring and a 1958 Fat Boy. Found I really don't like the Derby's in the Old Types. But they really shine in a Red Tip (for me anyway, as always, YMMV).

Yesterday was my first shave with a gold GEM 1912. I have several other 1912's as yet untried, so I may continue with those for a few days or so.

Like Oldguy, I really like variety, and will switch for fun. Plus I get to admire the collection each time I go to pick one for the day :thumbup:.

I generally use up a blade in one razor before moving on to the next. Not totally consistent about that, however. My injector blades last longer than the DE ones, so I might do a couple of shaves with an injector, go back to DE, then back to injector.

It's actually kind of a dumb side effect of me owning more razors than I have any need for.

Change every day. I line them up and usually use them in order. I do change the line up tho. Have the TTO in one line, the 3 piece in one line, the Gems in one line, pretty much.

I generally use up a blade in one razor before moving on to the next. Not totally consistent about that, however. My injector blades last longer than the DE ones, so I might do a couple of shaves with an injector, go back to DE, then back to injector.

It's actually kind of a dumb side effect of me owning more razors than I have any need for.

+1 . . . yep, that 's me, too!! :thumbup1:

Except it's a SE instead of an injector!

I just use whichever I feel like at the time. I have five razors that are in regular rotation right now and another half dozen that I may revisit in the future.

- Peter

I have a dozen out that I CAN use, but often get favorites that I use more often. It's, right now, my Bull Mastiff. It's more aggressive than the Techs and SuperSpeeds, but now that I've gotten used to it, I love to use it. Really like the extra weight and the balance.

I switch whenever I feel like it. I just started, so I cant say much here, and my selection is somewhat limited with just 3...

I change shavers with blade change. Right now I'm on my fourth shave with a Gillette Z1 Flaretip with a generic blade from Walgreen's. I must say that I am surprised at how nice the generic blade shaves. I only have Red IP's to compare it with though.

Lately I've been cycling though a 41 Aristocrat and a 46 Milord daily. Before that it was a Parat and a HD Rocket daily.

Top Bottom