What's new

How often do you shower

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
2 times a day and sometimes 3
I don’t think I have ever showered 4 times in 1 day.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Once a week. On Saturday night. Then I walk down the stairs to the saloon and drink a tall glass of milk.

In a dirty glass!

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Every day. Sometimes I may miss a day or two, but mostly everyday. Sometimes 2-3 times in the summer if it's very hot and humid, but not very often.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Daily, with no ill effects.
If a Dermatologists only suggest showering once or twice a week, I shudder to think what their view on daily shaving is.

Same as my friend Chris: daily shower with no issues.

However, it's my understanding that dermatologists are not against the shower itself on daily basis, but, more precisely, they are against the use of too much "drying out" soap that removes the good oily film on the surface of the skin.

So, you CAN shower every day and use as much water as you desire. What you have to be careful about is to use a highly moisturizing soap, preferably with natural, skin-friendly ingredients (I only use true savon de Marseille made with 72% of EVOO and without any harsh chemicals or any preservatives).

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Biggest problem with showering is the water temp is usually too high for good skin health. But it's so dang hard to take a moderately warm shower in the winter! I want to see steam baby!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Sweetreason:
I can say from my former military service socialization...I tend to shower daily (after yard work, hospital / doctor appts and any other tasks that one would get 'sweaty'). :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Everyone who's ever taken a shower has an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off and does something about it who makes a difference". Nolan Bushnell

According to my dermatologist, showering should be done using warm, not hot water. Also, it is recommended to moisturize your skin within 3 to 4 minutes after showering. This prevents dry, itchy skin.
This advice works well for me,

Top Bottom