What's new

How often do you shower

Dermatologists are saying that men are showering too much. We are only supposed to shower once or twice a week unless we sweat or get dirty.

How often do you shower?
What are your thoughts on this subject?

I generally shower 5-6 times a week. I don't want to smell like BO around the college girls.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Daily, with no ill effects.
If a Dermatologists only suggest showering once or twice a week, I shudder to think what their view on daily shaving is.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Everyday for me. No problems here. I don’t want to smell like some of the customers that we have here at my work. I can stand the smell of moth balled clothes but I cannot stand the reek of body odour when there in no need for it these days. We sell cheap towels and cheap soap and cheap deodorant. There is no need to smell anymore.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
When I was a nursing student, we were taught to bathe the elderly every day (bed bath or shower). It is very drying to the skin, so if that is still being done (and I think it is) it is probably only so the students learn.

I hope to step in front of a train before it is my turn, lol.

In my 40+ working years, I shaved at night and showered early every morning. With a wife and 2 daughters, I had to be in and out of the shower, and preferably out of the house, before they woke up . I often showered again after work, or after my second job, but I might skip a day on the weekend. Being retired, I now shower every evening in the summer and maybe every other night in winter, if all I'm doing is sitting around knocking down G&T's all day and don't go outside. No matter what, I can't stand to go more than 2 days without showering and doing my hair.

Twice a day. Wouldn't any of the "ill" side effects be diminished with using a moisturizing soap? Plus lotion after the shower?

Every morning year 'round required to get the sleep out my eyes and force myself awake, no life before shower, and then depending on the day's activities and season of the year, one or two more later in the day may be needed.
dave

Last edited:
Daily, sometimes twice a day depending on if I'm doing yard work, working on the car, or anything else that might necessitate a second shower.

For me, it depends. I work in a factory where I get sweaty and dirty 5 days a week, so for I almost have to shower daily.
When Im on vacation, I tend to shower every 2-3 days. I could see how if you dont sweat or get dirty only showering a couple times a week because showering every day and washing the oil off your skin probably isnt good for it.

Top Bottom