What's new

How often do you get a haircut

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I go every 3 weeks. I started with 5 weeks, but really looked ragged by the end of that time. Went down to 4 for a while, but 3 is my number.

Two is actually pretty standard at my shop.

I get a haircut every six months. That sounds like a lifetime, but I'm able to keep my hair looking short by using pomade to pin it down in the 1920s style. Honestly, you can't even tell I have long hair, aside from the length in the back, when I've got it slicked down with some Murray's Superior pomade and Royal Crown Hairdressing. I save massive amounts of money this way. That's not why I do it though. I just hate getting haircuts. Everything about it, I dislike it. I used to cut my hair myself, but I moved to this one horse town, I started going to the local barber shop. They carry Murray's Superior, which is nice.

Every thirty days, If I really wanted to look my sharpest I would go every two weeks, but then that means less money for my many other hobbies. All things in moderation I guess :)

I started getting a flattop about three years ago once I found a barber that could do a decent one. Up to then I was used to going every six weeks or so for a less demanding cut.
After the second or third visit, unprompted, the barber said to come back in four weeks. Suits me, after three weeks it's lost that flat feel so the time feels right. £10 for a freehand flattop.

Interesting that I would see this thread just before heading to my barber for my monthly haircut. I would say I vary between 4-6 weeks. I were a traditional short haircut, not a clippered buzz. I have friends in the military or just choose to be closely shorn. They tend to go for a weekly trimmer cut. I asked my barber once and he said the "industry standard" for about when the average male has enough regrowth for a standard haircut and he said about 45 days.
+1

Every 3-6 months. I comb it back, so when it starts getting noticeably curly. I trim the sideburns and around the ears.

Military/Police short, every 2 weeks.

Regular haircut, 4-6 weeks.

Longer hair...... I’ll have to ask my lady, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I visited a Kennedy's barber shop. The haircut and tip was sort of pricey. They have a haircut club for around $45 a month, that provides unlimited cuts per month. My hair grows at an average rate. I just can't see the value or need to get 2 or more haircuts per month. Anyone belong to a club like this?

I usually go with A Hair Cut A Month! usually its work fine otherwise in some special occasion we needed special cutting, I agree I also don't think you need to signup for the monthly memberships for Hair Cutting Atleast!

I usually go with A Hair Cut A Month! usually its work fine otherwise in some special occasion we needed special cutting, I agree I also don't think you need to signup for the monthly memberships for Hair Cutting Atleast!

I think the monthly thing works for guys who go back in to get a trim around the ears and neck line clean up to keep it crisp looking until the next cut.

I think the monthly thing works for guys who go back in to get a trim around the ears and neck line clean up to keep it crisp looking until the next cut.

Yeah! that would work just fine and but if someone looking forward to saving bucks that would not something comes handy, but if you really for the professional smooth shave that would be the best option, what you think DavidU?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I get my hair it on the day my dogs get groomed so that would be about once a month and the three of us are pretty shaggy by that time. I go to an old fashioned barber shop at a cost of $11. My dogs are $45 each. Of course they are cuter than I.

In the military too long. "Retired" now. 2 weeks, maybe 3 if I can't fit a haircut in, absolutely not longer! Buzz cut, 2 on the sides 3 on top. $14 + tip. Found an excellent Barber near my work. Plus a barber shop in my daughter's town that does a great job AND sells razors, blades and assorted softwear. They're guys with fancy beards and tattoos, so more expensive!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Since about 1980, around 2 to 3 weeks on average. Have done it myself for maybe 30 years? But I have a license to do so lol. Just did it last night. And since I'm also a nurse, if I cut my ear off I'm real good at putting a torniquette around my neck....

Top Bottom