• Once a week

• Once every two weeks

• Once a month

• Every 2 months

• Every 3 months

• When I feel like it

• What's wrong with a Man bun?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Before I grew my hair long I got a haircut every 4 to 6 weeks. Now with shoulder length hair I get it done every 8 weeks. And that cut is just having the ends trimmed and the sides and back of the neck cleaned up. Playing around with the idea of growing my hair to about
mid-back length. BTW, this is the first time in my life I've had long hair. It was my barber who got me to grow it long. Go figure.:001_rolle

For the past 25 years, I've worked half a day on the last Thursday of every month. I almost always take advantage of the extra time to get my hair cut, and run any other errands that need done.

Nice to see so many (current and former) long-hairs! For many years I would go for a haircut approximately annually. Now, unfortunately, the mop is so alarmingly thin on top this doesn't work quite so well for me. I go now about every 5 weeks and continually wonder when it will be time to give up and just start shaving it...

Sometimes every 6 months, sometimes every 4 months, always the same style, the Spanish lady who owns the hairdresser I go to calls it a "Military"
Today's haircut is my 3rd one this year
View attachment 686831View attachment 686832View attachment 686833

And believe it or not, I had 2x Cafe Americanos in Finnegan's Bar next door to the hairdressers while I was waiting for my place in the queue, she popped her head round the corner and let me know when it was 5 minutes before my turn.
My haircut only took her 5 minutes with the clippers - not a bad job either, if I do say so myself !!

Weekly for me but as I'm the barber costs aren't too bad. The better half trims the neckline and she makes sure I haven't missed any spots.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
About every 3 weeks for me, but I wouldn't mind going every 2 weeks. My hair is thick and wavy, and it can go "Medusa" on me with no warning whatsoever.

My hair is thick and wavy, and it can go "Medusa" on me with no warning whatsoever.

proxy.php

Eight weeks (or there about for me).. I get it shaved to a number 2 or 3 and then as soon as someone comments about my curls.. It's straight back to the barber I go.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My ideal hair cutting routine would be every 2 weeks. There was a time back in the day when I was able to maintain that. Not for a looooong time now.

I go every 3 months or so.

1. I'm lazy
2. I don't want to spend an hour or longer on my day off sitting at the barbershop

I get a hair cut every five months nowadays. I HATE getting hair cuts. This place I go to for haircuts, I get interrogated by my barber each time I get my hair cut. I don't want to quit getting cuts from this person, but I don't enjoy the experience. What I do instead to get around having my hair cut frequently is I got my hair in chopping my back and sides in between hair cuts. It's a female barber. I brought my new Ann Bankcroft look alike girlfriend with me to my last haircut appointment with this barber, and it turned out to be a real disaster. She was rouging me up in the chair, not talking at all, she scratched my neck with her scissors and even took a big gouge out of my hair on the sides. She apologized and tried to fix the mistake, but I got the impression she did it on purpose. I think she was jealous. I didn't realize until that moment that she's into me and wanted to date. I'm kind of uncomfortable now in going back to here. I might still keep seeing her, but it';s going to be weird.

Additionally, I use heavy pomades to pin my hair down to my sides. Believe it or not, my hair looks very short when I have thick pomade holding it down. It works. It's a great way of saving money and hassles of getting a hair cut. I'm not poor. I just hate the experience of getting hair cuts. I live on a hill and I don't like to travel to the other parts of my city because I'm not comfortable with leaving my car outside for any length of time in my city where I live.

Last edited:
Military. every two weeks.

Sometimes I can stretch 3-4 weeks if I do some slipper work at home.

Retiring soon. Looking forward to growing enough hair to actually have a style of some sort instead of just "short". I don't want much, just enough to comb on the sides.

I've always said if you're in the military, over 40 and you actually still have the ability to grow hair: they should let you!

That would be something like 20 guys total in the Canadian forces!

Not counting mustaches that is......:lol:

Top Bottom