What's new

How Much Time Do You Spend Shaving?

Just for fun I decided to see how much time it takes me to shave in the morning. I am using a Braun 7893s electric shaver for the past few months. It takes me five minutes from start to finish including cleaning the shaver without water. I don’t have any preparation time, I just start shaving.

How long does it take you to shave from start to finish regardless of using either a blade or an electric. Please, include all the time including your preparation through cleaning up.

Let’s see if using an electric shaver is really faster than using a blade?

I have not put a stop watch to either method . I have used both ways of shaving all my life (76 yrs.old). Without a doubt for me electric is much faster. But for quality a blade is hands down better.
ps. I use a Braun Series 3.

I use a Braun about once a week if I feel like I do not have the time for a blade or if I need to shave for business and I feel like my face needs a break from blades. I shave both head and face.

I spend a lot of time with clean-up after a blade shave. The blade gets removed patted dry and the razor gets cleaned with soap and a soft toothbrush then hand wiped dry. Brush gets a good rinse, a good shake, towel stroked and hung to dry. Then the counter, basin etc. before my wife ventures into the shave "lab". The shave is easy, it's the prep and clean-up that consumes the time.

I have not put a stop watch to either method . I have used both ways of shaving all my life (76 yrs.old). Without a doubt for me electric is much faster. But for quality a blade is hands down better.
ps. I use a Braun Series 3.
Obviously, I didn’t use a stopwatch either. I looked at the clock and started shaving and looked again when I put the shaver into its travel case. I think everyone will agree that electric shaving is faster but has it been timed?

I noticed on another thread that lots of electric shaver users apply preshave products and post shave products which might extend the time a bit. I didn’t intend for this to be a scientific study.

I use a Braun about once a week if I feel like I do not have the time for a blade or if I need to shave for business and I feel like my face needs a break from blades. I shave both head and face.

I spend a lot of time with clean-up after a blade shave. The blade gets removed patted dry and the razor gets cleaned with soap and a soft toothbrush then hand wiped dry. Brush gets a good rinse, a good shake, towel stroked and hung to dry. Then the counter, basin etc. before my wife ventures into the shave "lab". The shave is easy, it's the prep and clean-up that consumes the time.
I agree with all that. So how much time does it all take approximately?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Electric about 3.5 minutes. Quick splash of Williams and a 1.5 to 2.5 minute shave. No clean until about 2 weeks on the razor and then I use it's cleaning mode. (Panasonic Arc5)

Blade shaving 5 - 10 minutes depending on DE, SE or Cart. Carts and One Blade tend toward the 5 minute mark and the others toward the 10. This includes making lather and cleaning up. If I use canned foam or brushless you can knock 2 minutes off of those times.

Just for fun I decided to see how much time it takes me to shave in the morning. I am using a Braun 7893s electric shaver for the past few months. It takes me five minutes from start to finish including cleaning the shaver without water. I don’t have any preparation time, I just start shaving.

How long does it take you to shave from start to finish regardless of using either a blade or an electric. Please, include all the time including your preparation through cleaning up.

Let’s see if using an electric shaver is really faster than using a blade?
You don’t mention your shave time for a blade ?

Electric about 3.5 minutes. Quick splash of Williams and a 1.5 to 2.5 minute shave. No clean until about 2 weeks on the razor and then I use it's cleaning mode. (Panasonic Arc5)

Blade shaving 5 - 10 minutes depending on DE, SE or Cart. Carts and One Blade tend toward the 5 minute mark and the others toward the 10. This includes making lather and cleaning up. If I use canned foam or brushless you can knock 2 minutes off of those times.
That’s about 7.5 minutes total. If I consider the maximum time of blade shaving as I did for electric, then the difference is about three minutes.

You don’t mention your shave time for a blade ?
I can’t remember it’s been more than twenty or so years since I used a blade. And, that was probably once or twice so my lack of experience wouldn’t make the time accurate. I do remember having to use several pieces of toilet paper to stop the bleeding.

I agree with all that. So how much time does it all take approximately?
I will time it tomorrow. I would not be surprised if the wet shave is 20-30 minutes. Never have been concerned about the time since it is part hobby and part necessary depending on the workday. I also experiment with different razors, blades, soaps, and creams, depending on my curiosity that day. I enjoy the experience since the workday can be stressful and with time constraints to perform.

Hmmm I start at approx 5:40am and I’m done and all cleaned up with AS and balm with everything put away by 6:00 so approx 20 min on a weekday .

On saturdays I take my time so wouldn’t be surprised if it was closer to 30 min but that’s because I also do a face scrub and soak my soap for longer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm I start at approx 5:40am and I’m done and all cleaned up with AS and balm with everything put away by 6:00 so approx 20 min on a weekday .

On saturdays I take my time so wouldn’t be surprised if it was closer to 30 min but that’s because I also do a face scrub and soak my soap for longer .

Thanks, 20 minutes seems reasonable.

Luckily, I have a quite a lot of hair on my head for a 72 yesr old guy and don’t shave my mustache. To make things equal please only post the times to shave your face with the Braun and with the blades.

I forgot to say this is for cartridge/ DE shaving if it wasn’t already obvious .

I don’t use electric shavers .

That’s fine. The comparison i’m Looking at is how long it takes over a lot of guys. Some only use electric shavers, some only blades and some both.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I enjoy my shaves and they don't last long enough for me.
I tried electric along time ago and I could never get a proper Shave. The brush the razor just the BBS feeling is what it is all about for me.

I enjoy my shaves and they don't last long enough for me.
I tried electric along time ago and I could never get a proper Shave. The brush the razor just the BBS feeling is what it is all about for me.
I understand perfectly, so how much time does it take you the shave on a weekday morning?

A couple of years ago (prior to shaving with a DE), it took me less than 2 minutes using a Mach 3 Turbo and Edge gel. Just a brief face wash, rubbed the gel on until it turned to lather, a couple of quick strokes N-S and S-N with the razor, a rinse of my face and razor and off I went.

Like other DE newbies, it took me around 40 minutes in total for the prep, shave and clean up. As of a couple of months ago, I trimmed the end to end to 20 minutes. When I added head shaving to the mix, my time in the shaving den doubled again, using a mix of cartridge razors for my head, while sticking with DE for face.

I’ve been using an older Braun Series 3 for the last few weeks for both head and face shave and dropped time down to 15 minutes. I’m thinking that duration will drop further with better electric shaving technique and possibly a replacement cassette or even a different shaver.

Top Bottom