What's new

How much $$$ did you invest in the shave den?

2 razors - $75
2 brushes - $160
6 creams - $140
2 soaps - $50
bowl - $20
4 AS - $80
Blades - $who knows

Yikes! Better not let the Missus see all this, and it even shocks me. It was all bought with such ease!

It must be near 2K. But, and there always is a but, I am getting the perfect setup, right? I keep telling myself that. When I have it, I will then sell off some of the flotsam and jetsam.

Ok guys, let's be honest about this! I'll take the first step:

My name is Nils, and I'm a traditional wetshaver.

about 300 for a bit over 2 years of great shaves, a fair bit of fun, and a much better understanding of what I m looking for in terms of future gear. So, about what Id' have spent had I been using carts all this time, but with better shaves and far better looking gear ( some of which I can probably trade for other gear that I'll enjoy trying out. :p )

I have kept it pretty low since most of my procurement has been in the form of gifts from loved ones or by participating in the PIF Giveaway game. If you add what I have spent for the game and what I have bought for myself, I am probably at about 100 or so since Christmas.

It really helps to have in-laws who are avid auction people and will get some great things for very little. Still looking for a birth year razor, but that can wait till I find the right one.

Mine is at 2k +\- and I started at xmas

I started about the same time and am well past 2k. Plus this site got me started back on fountain pens.

On the bright side these things are much less expensive than my older hobby of firearms and take up a lot less space!

$500 for the year. I'm hoping to keep it at that until Uncle Sam gets his quarterly dividend, but something may catch my eye.

more ,I come to B&B , more stuff i want to buy . what to do:sneaky2: any help would appreciated.:cornut:

Know the feeling :) being doing it now for 4 years, and i have never once told her the price of anything.

lol i did that the other day.............. im gonna take ur advice. total since i started may 5th this year is maybe approx 200

Last edited:
not much - bought a Lord L6, a treet del-rin, some blades and some disposables too.
Also cheapie badger brush and some soaps and creams, probably $80 total.

Enough that I'm not going to mention it here in case any of the other members from St. Louis see my post and decide to knock over my shave den.

Then again, the members I know from StL probably have more money sank into their dens than I do...

One of the really nice things about PIFs is you tell SWMBO about them, and when the other stuff comes in she just assumes it's another PIF.

You guys have PIFed a huge amount of stuff to the shave den. As SWMBO sees it anyway. :) She doesn't ask and I don't volunteer.

Getting her on the blade shaving bandwagon also helps qwell the questions. Giving your lady a Lady Gillette is just good "business" sense.

Excluding shavepocolypse stuff, and things bought for outgoing PIFs, certainly under $500, probably much less.

One can do a great deal for little $ if one shops around and is patient. Oh, and enters PIFs. Just don't forget to PIF in return. I get far more out of offering PIFs than I ever have in receiving PIFs. I don't mean that in a devious meaning, it's just the way giving works among good people. It's just a beautiful thing. When you PIF expect good things to happen from it and feel good and accept it when it does. Don't forget to give thanks when it's appropriate, remain humble, stay true.

I'm so far off course right now, I'll just end it. Probably someone needed that.

I would say between $300-$400. I have had a lot of luck finding and sourcing out local "software". (Shaving creams, AS, etc.) Most of what I have spent was on the initial set up costs for my first DE and badger. Now, 3 months later I am already awaiting a new brush. (This is included in the costs listed.) and a G5 scuttle.

I don't know that one has to spend a lot of money to get great gear. But if you enjoy it, and of course aren't stepping on the toes of SWMBO- then why not?

Last edited:
Top Bottom