What's new

How much $$$ did you invest in the shave den?

I dont know if this thread already post in the past , I started 2 months ago and so far when i look at my shave den , have already spend $500, whats your den worth.. don't be shy tell me the truth:hand:

ray

I've invented money, but no one's ever accepted it as payment. :lol:

Not a whole lot, but in restoring a brush, I've probably spent as much as I would just buying one. I think I've invested about $50.

Shave den? Probably in the neighborhood of $200 since May.

Last edited:
Well when I started scuba I was at 7k in 2 months.. Gear and all so this is relatively inexpensive.. Lol I went on a binge this weekend I bought a 66 an aristocrat jr and a chubby 2 le... $450 later lol

Just counting whats sitting in den right now...

a couple G's, at least...now that I think about it...I should add it to my homeowner's insurance policy, like I did my musical equipment

It's a bit of a haze, really, but if I had to make a realistic guess I would have to say around £150 since July.
This have bought me a new EJ, three old Gilettes, two unknown travel razors, a wilkinson classic, an Ever Ready SE, five soaps, two brushes and around 300 blades.

If I check my purchases from now on, I should be able to shave the next couple of years without too much difficulty. Not terribly realistic, I'm afraid...

Last edited:
My first 2 years of DE shaving... less than 50 bucks (Merkur and VDH soap/brush)

Last 2 years... 500+ easily

$12K and finally realized that I had so many razors that I didn't remember those that I purchased ~4 years ago. Decided to sell off my den and just finished paying my credit card balance. Kept around 10 of my favorites for rotation. What a relief!

Not that much, really. Current razors I bought at antique stores or on the BST; most I paid for any of them was about 20 bucks, and I only have about 5. I have about 4 soaps and currently two creams. I bought three brushes total, the most expensive of which was 60 bucks.

So, maybe $250 to $300 bucks or so?

Gross - Including consumables maybe $400.
Net - deducting money made from reselling duplicates and estate sale scores - probably about $100
Adjusted - taking into account the Mach III carts and foam I would have bought, I'm a little bit ahead.

Top Bottom