What's new

How much coffee do you drink?

Wish i had more time in the morning to make myself coffee. If I have the time, I make enough for 3 cups.

My filter machine has a timer function, set it up before going to bed...set to come on 10 minutes before my alarm, it's ready and waiting by the time I get to the kitchen :001_smile

I used to do between 8-12 cups a day and then decided to drink more water.

I still drink plenty of water as well...will usually drink a litre at work (more in the summer or if it's hot).

I work at home and travel on the road. I have a pot by 10:30am, another thermos by 3pm, and a pot of decaf at dinner.

Average 20-30 cups.

I take a pretty good jolt in the morning. I make a couple of latte's at home. A double shot of espresso and not a whole lot of milk X2. So, that's 4 shots of espresso before noon,but I don't drink any coffee after noon.

3 PM is my absolute cutoff time for coffee, but I do drink tea (red or green) in the afternoons and evening.

Whatever floats you boat and doesn't make you too twitchy is about right, d'apres moi.

Cheers,
Ian

V

VR6ofpain

No less than 8 cups...though usually closer to 15 cups. I think I filled up my therma-cup 3-4 times today (working some long hours this time of year). This would equal a little over 17 "6 oz cups of coffee". Speaking of which, why is a cup of coffee measured as 6oz instead of 8oz?

Great response on this! I want to clarify that when I say eight cups, what I mean is eight levels on the pot, which turns out to be about three mugs full.

Here's something crazy: I've been drinking coffee since I was 17 (26 now) and in that time, I've never had an espresso or a cappuccino. I've had, probably, under ten lattes. Up until about 2007, I drank my coffee black. Now I use coffee mate or cream. Here's the real kicker - I don't think I've EVER put sugar in my coffee. I don't think I've ever put it in just to try it. Not one time in nine years.

In my first college years, I was drinking 4-5 a day, up to 8 some days.

I drink my coffee black, and after too many coffees in a day, my stomach hurts (too much acid maybe).

So now I drink mostly tea during the afternoon/evening, but I NEED my 2 coffees in the morning.

A quart cup in the morning, another at night, and maybe five 22 oz pit stops at work. Weekends, I usually mill around until after my second quart.

luvmysuper,
Where do I get one of those?

Probably between 25 and 35 oz a day, occasionally more.

I'll drink coffee before noon, water the remainder of the day.

I used to drink 6+ cups a day, but have since cut back in an effort to better myself through better habits. I've replaced the coffee with--almost always iced--black tea, though I do enjoy an espresso from time to time. I usually drank two cups in the morning, with the others coming as post-meal dessert.

I believe I drink way too much: 3-4 large mugs in the morning, and oftentimes 1-3 large mugs in the afternoon. Been telling myself for too long that it's time to cycle off. Coffee makes me feel extra hot & sweaty in the summer months, and I don't want that. Though I do enjoy the sensation of electric currents running through my scalp. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom