What's new

How much coffee do you drink?

I drink one cup with breakfast. None later. But, not because it would keep me awake later; I am not affected by the caffeine in coffee. I can drink a cup and go to sleep.

Well, I'm obviously in the minority here. I don't drink coffee at all, nor do I drink any other caffeinated beverages. When I was young and doing theatre in NYC, I started drinking coffee in the mornings in order to wake up for work but soon found that I needed it to get going in the morning. I figured that I should either give up coffee or theatre, and no one was paying me to drink coffee, so...

Fast forward to 30 years later: I now fly for a living, and still don't indulge in any coffee or tea. I must be one of the three pilots in the world who doesn't drink coffee - I sometimes think that corporate aviation actually runs not on jet fuel, but on coffee and Fox News!

I find, though, that I really don't need coffee to maintain alertness. As long as I get enough sleep the night before and get a shower and shave along with some OJ in the morning, I'm good to go. I don't miss it, and I've got more cash to spend on all my shaving ADs.

2 or 3 mugs in the morning (1 before shower, others after).
0.4 litre thermos travel mug that I take to work...it's cooled enough to drink as I start.
Refill the travel mug from my flask at lunchtime, I usually alternate between de-caf and regular.

Weekends it's usually 3/4 mugs through the morning (less if we've got things to do, or places to go :lol:)

My kids say when I die they are going to harvest the berries that grow from my grave site. Brian L is a man after my own heart. I can have a cup before bedtime and not be affected. Love the taste. Coffee, coffee ice cream, coffee candies. Love it!

Perhaps a cup, perhaps not. Sometimes 1 cup a day, sometimes 1 cup a month. Sometimes never, until I pass a particularly fragrant coffee shop, or a restaurant that I know serves the good stuff after the meal. I can't tolerate mediocre coffee, if its not good, I live without, Red Bull sugarfree takes care of my caffiene.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I used to do between 8-12 cups a day and then decided to drink more water.

Right now I'm having 1-2 cup a day. Because I'm not drinking as much, it's a lot more enjoyable!

I used to drink 2-3 pots a day

Now I drink a cup a day, unless I'm out meeting someone for supper or coffee and then I'll drink 3-4.

I usually drink one with breakfast, and have one when I get to the workplace, or during class.

Recently however, I find that since I've been trying to quit smoking without any patches or gums I end up replacing the cigarettes with a cup of coffee, with the end result of making more trips to the bathroom than I'd prefer.

I can't have coffee before 9am-10am usually, for some reason. My stomach just doesn't like it. But in the early afternoon or with dessert I might have a cup or two. It's hard to just make one cup in a 16oz French press...

2-3 cups in the morning before exercising. Don't really need any more after that.
Of course, in the evening it's booze of some sort, usually wine :thumbup1:

Top Bottom