What's new

How many straight razors you own?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My 39 has been whittled down to just 25. I have given my Chinese M7DS to my Filipino friend, Erwin and my English M7DS goes to my sister. Hopefully my sister will pass it on to her grandson, if she ever gets one.

This will leave room for a few more SR's. I believe that that perfect number is around 30, one for each day of the month.

I have 5 all Filarmonica and I don’t believe I have owned more than 10 straights of various maker at any one time.

Last edited:
Over 100 with another 50 in the cue waiting to be restored. I keep saying that I am not going to buy any more, but then I go to the antique stores and I always find a couple of nice ones and I say, how can I pass these by...

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
After leaving the Philippines (where I had well over 60 straight razors), I was down to about 10 traditional straight razors. Over the past year my SR stable has built up a little to:
7 x Titan ACRO T.H-70 (M7DS)​
7 x Cadman "Bengall" (M7DS)​
2 x Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60​
1 x Puma ⅝​
1 x G. Butler "Shakespeare" No.3​
1 x Titan ACRO T.H.64​
1 x Titan ACRO T.H.64 (in post)​
2 x Colling custom (in post)​
1 x Titan ACRO T.H-70​
2 x Titan ACRO T.H-70 (NIB)​
1 x Ralf Aust 6/8 American point​
1 x Revisor 6-0035​
1 x Gold Dollar W59​
1 x Comoy's of London 6/8​

I have promised myself that this time I will try and stop at a total of 30. One more to go, so I had better choose wisely.

I also have two stainless steel shavettes and two DE razors (very rarely use because I'm scared).

Last edited:
4 and that’s not nearly enough, but plenty of time left. They’d do the rest of my life as long as something drastic doesn’t happen to them, but I want more. I just really like buying them and seeing and feeling the different qualities of each one.

For people who have loads and rotate them but struggle to decide which one, I downloaded a random number generator app. You can have up to 100 and it allows you to change the numbers to different names and turn off rerolls, so you can go through the collection without using the same one twice.

Top Bottom