What's new

How many straight razors you own?

30-something, all in rotation.

Initially bought anything that caught my attention and looked like a bargain. TI's, Rigarazor, Solingen, Sheffield to Gold Dollars and a Titan.

The final cure for the RAD was buying my first Fili14. Found my home!

After that I was terrified of buying something that don't match the shave quality. Solution - buy more Fili's, but they are pricey so I don't buy so often anymore.

Proud to say I there was a 7 month pause before my last purchase a few days ago, a Fili13 this time.

I have 7...I wait till I can find one cheap that is still decent and I buy it-clean-hone.
Out of the 7,5 are in rotation..I have quit touching up with my DE razors...I’m still looking for more deals lol

You are the closest to my style. I have six, though one I destroyed trying to restore another I jacked up (if not quite destroyed) in a way I don’t like. I have 3 that are shave ready... a Bengall, a Dixie Blue Steel (best shaver by far), and a Frederick Reynolds that is probably american civil war era or so (not the best shaver but probably the favorite). Awaiting a mild restore is a Torrey so I can participate in Torrey Tuesday lol. But I do like American and English razors.

I also try to find deals. They’re harder and harder to find these days.

25 in my rotation ...
and I started 7 months ago!

several more recently purchased, currently in transit. latest buying spree driven more by interest in historical razors than interest in razors that are top shavers, but it goes back and forth. Only thing saving me so far is that these are all used ... so far.

S

Scrubby

I limit myself to 3 daily drivers (5/8 + 7/8 +8/8). Got 2 historical ones that are too warped to get comfortably sharp, but too nice to throw away and one basic Böker that my grown up kid dropped after i used it once so i had to throw it out. Temptation for more is strong.... lusting for Austs, Koraats, Fili14, and one or two more Ali’s blades customs. And a Sprecher custom. And a ........ never mind. I have 3

Somewhere around 2 dozen razors with half (or more) originating from Japan. Plenty of variety...enough SRs to finally kick my RAD to the curb.

In fact, I’ve been on a complete purchase sabbatical for the past year, and not receiving new shave gear every few weeks just feels weird.

Top Bottom