What's new

How many shaves. Gold Dollar version.

2014 é uma ótima data para voltar, venha à copa do mundo. Quando vier novamente, venha a BH e faça uma visita.

Gostaria muito de visitar BH. O meu irmao passou muito tempo la. Vamos ver o que vai acontecer no futuro.

no se... pero voy a aprender d hablar portuguese y voy a visitar tu pais linda

i'll tell ya'll a secret....

soy norte americano pero hablo espanol fluido *(mas o menos).. mi novia es una cubana y soy cubano honarario... lol...

Se ja fala castiliano seria facil apprender portugues. Provavelemente voce ja intende muito.

Last edited:
soy norte americano pero hablo espanol fluido *(mas o menos).. mi novia es una cubana y soy cubano honarario... lol...

well. it's gonna be a secret to me...

I put in my #2 shave with my GD today. BBS on the cheecks, DFS on the neck. I'm leaving a circle beard.

Also, the GD I bought was a 208. I guess it is new, because they sent me a survey, I emailed them back with my thoughts and results, and they refunded my money for the razor and asked some more questions on how to make it better.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I put in my #2 shave with my GD today. BBS on the cheecks, DFS on the neck. I'm leaving a circle beard.

Also, the GD I bought was a 208. I guess it is new, because they sent me a survey, I emailed them back with my thoughts and results, and they refunded my money for the razor and asked some more questions on how to make it better.

Sweet! Full refund and you still got the razor! Who did you get it from and who honed it?

I don't know Spanish but I was able to easily decipher your secret without the use of any tools. I feel quite accomplished. I too soy cubano honarario.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but you got me curious.

I suggest the same as before, 2014 is a good year for a visit... :001_smile

In the mean time, I'll be following your (and Wherndon's) adventures with the GD. I got one honed yesterday, but I am much new at this, so I still have to learn how sharp is sharp before I start counting how many shaves. I'll get there eventually.

Sweet! Full refund and you still got the razor! Who did you get it from and who honed it?

I got it from ganvillage_green on ebay. I assume they are the direct makers of Gold Dollar, because they were asking about different steels and how I honed it. Whoever honed it there did a crap job. I honed it on my Norton 4/8 and stropped it. It took a lot of work on the hone to get it shave ready because I reprofiled the edge just a little bit and set the bevel. We'll see how many shaves I get until I hone it again.

I got it from ganvillage_green on ebay. I assume they are the direct makers of Gold Dollar, because they were asking about different steels and how I honed it. Whoever honed it there did a crap job. I honed it on my Norton 4/8 and stropped it. It took a lot of work on the hone to get it shave ready because I reprofiled the edge just a little bit and set the bevel. We'll see how many shaves I get until I hone it again.
what size is the 208? I know they make a 7/8, but i haven't figured out which one it is...
oh, no shave tonight, I am drinking instead.

what size is the 208? I know they make a 7/8, but i haven't figured out which one it is...
oh, no shave tonight, I am drinking instead.

According to my calipers, it's a 6.7/8 :D Close enough I guess to be a 7/8?

That was measuring from the top of the spine to the edge. If you go from the widest part of the spine where it sits when honing to the edge, I think it would be a 6/8.

Linen.... Kanayama...
My beloved TOBS...
PINAUD...

2Passes then a touch up... DFS... Same over the last 40 after it smoothed out...

The saga continues...

Top Bottom