What's new

How many cups of coffee do you drink first thing in the morning ?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Well, my Moccamaster says a "cup" is 4 ounces. Most American coffee makers use 6 ounces as the measure. A measuring cup uses 8 ounces, and my mug is about 12 ounces to its normal fill. So which measurement for how many cups question?

I'm in the warm half of the year when I drink my AM cold brew in a 20 ounce glass, probably 16 ounces of coffee.

A couple, but I generally drink coffee all day. What I mean is that my (insulated) cup is nearly always warm, though it may take a couple of hours to finish.

Generally, I drink 5, 12oz mugs every day with no effects from the caffeine. My wife is ultra sensitive and now only drinks decaf.

Me? I fall asleep on the recliner with with a near empty mug on the side table. 😄
The last thing I reach for during a long drive at night is a cup of Joe…

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'll typically sip on a couple shots of espresso over the morning, each a single shot made when I want it. It's sometimes just one, and it's sometimes three (but very rarely).

In any case, it's very rarely anything close to "first thing." That first shot usually shows up a good 45-60 minutes after I'm up, and it'll usually take a good hour or two to finish. I work at home, so I just take it as it comes.

All that said, I'd be lying if I told you that I've never rushed through a shot if I had to be out of the house early.

The morning eh?

Well I work a 12hr night shift so it goes like this:

Arrive home at 0620hrs, grind up 24g of good Colombian, Guatemalan or Mexican Chiapa beans. Vegg out on the telly for an hour while enjoying my 12oz coffee along with the peace and quiet.
Go to bed at 0730 and sleep like a worn out baby. Then just like a baby, I awaken 3hrs later... not to cry, but to visit the restroom because, you know... coffee.

In the days I owned a cafe I drank three cups of french roast, black, no sugar , before leaving the house and two cups with two shots of espresso topped off with house blend when I got to the store.

These days I have two 12 oz cups of coffee, dark or french roast, before leaving the house. Nothing else during the day except an occasional decaf tea if I am not working.

We just got a Keurig and I am playing with reusable pods. I can't seem to find the amount of coffee grounds I need to get the body I want from the coffee. This morning I seem to have found the right ratio to duplicate a mild house blend using french roast beans. Sigh.

Zero for me, too. I have an espresso machine, however, and 2-3 times a month I will have a Café Cubano or latté. No matter what hour of the day I have it, though, guarantees I will have no afternoon nap, and I will have trouble sleeping that night. I never wanted to become addicted to coffee, but I enjoy it now and again.

I work from home and make my first cup around an hour or two after I’m up. Usually using my yeti mug and I often follow that cup with a second. I’m typically sipping until around 11 or 12.

SWMBO never finishes her first cup, and the routine is she puts her leftovers in the fridge and I drink that in the afternoon or just before dinner after my workday wraps.

Top Bottom